Leaning branches, drooping from weight

• Thread starter urbanfog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urbanfog

urbanfog

Hey all,
Quick question. I am in week 7 and things look great!, but where I am loving the big heavy nuggets I am wondering what if anything I should do for the branches that are starting to hang and sag from the weight of my buds?

They look great, should I leave them be or tie them upright?

Thanks all,
U F

convex

convex

Stake or tie 'em ...

Keep them in the light and off the floor.

Cheers

B

Budsbuddy

support them if you can,

you want air flow around your plants

got pics?

hiboy

hiboy

A simple string looped around the stalk below the bud and tied to something above will work. Its nice to put tomato netting horizontally laid across the growing plant. Tomato cages might be able to placed over each plant indivdually.
hiboy

R

ReDLuBE

i am experiencing the same problem, some of my branches actually have snapped, so i've been tieing them up with string to the ceiling.

100 3014 1024x768
B

Budsbuddy

yeah that's what i was talking about

mine never get that big :)

T

TreFarmer

yeah that's what i was talking about

mine never get that big :)
From my outdoor runs:
4 4-6 foot bamboo poles per plant. drill holes to run string through and run string loops around the stems directly below each cola. I even "daisy chain" them together, 1 string with 2-5 loops coming off, 1 every foot or so (like a prison chain gang) Then you can hang several buds off one line.

B

bigloudvtwin

That's awesome! I can only hope my buds are big enough to snap the stumplike branches I'm getting! Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
From my outdoor runs:
4 4-6 foot bamboo poles per plant. drill holes to run string through and run string loops around the stems directly below each cola. I even "daisy chain" them together, 1 string with 2-5 loops coming off, 1 every foot or so (like a prison chain gang) Then you can hang several buds off one line.
I had to switch to T-bars from bamboo. The bamboo snapped right off. :(

urbanfog

urbanfog

Thanks all! I figured as much, "just tie them up stupid!, again you are making it too hard!" hehehe

I didn't have time last night, but I will be suspending my girls over the next couple nights.

I have decided I am going to reveg my girls for my first grow to see what I can get.

Thanks again,
UF

IMAG0515
IMAG0513
IMAG0514
IMAG0516
IMAG0517
IMAG0518
R

ReDLuBE

[QUOTE

I have decided I am going to reveg my girls for my first grow to see what I can get.

Thanks again,
UF[/QUOTE]

That picture i posted of my girls that needed tying up are all re veg'd!!!! I have had good success with it actually increasing yield with every crop!!! This is my 5th time re vegging. Next crop will be from fresh cuttings...... freshly re veg'd Moms.

urbanfog

urbanfog

[QUOTE

Thanks again,
UF

That picture i posted of my girls that needed tying up are all re veg'd!!!! I have had good success with it actually increasing yield with every crop!!! This is my 5th time re vegging. Next crop will be from fresh cuttings...... freshly re veg'd Moms.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear! they look great!

I figure being my first grow and after all the woody went thru (microgrow, hydro, move here move there ) And after seeing what the SFVOG does ( :confused0054: ) I am now kinda attached to my babies :)

Top Bottom