Learning to Fly

• Thread starter noWon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noWon

Just getting started out.

Got some Casey Jones and Burkle that I just started flowering. Not the greatest of choices to put together. If you knew all the details you would understand. Long story.

I have setup a simple drip system using General Hydroponics nutes. I have vegged for approximately 2 weeks and now on day 6 of flowering.

IMG_00007941.JPG

noWon

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
whats burkle?

confu...

N

noWon

Whats up Confuten1? Sorry for the confusion.

If I am not mistaken, Burkle is GDP x Purple Urkle. Thanks for your interest.

Today is day 7 of flowering. Will perform res changes later today. Have adjusted co2 to 1100 ppm from 1300 ppm's. So far, things are going well. I am seeing roots extend out of the grow pots that appear to be air drying and the roots are turning brown. I hope this is not root rot? Time will tell I guess.

I will also till the ground for an attempt at some outdoor today if weather permits as they have said there will be thunderstorms today. Weather has been really strange lately.

Also need to get my next grow room started as the cuttings I took look like they are starting to root. I just dont have enough time and or energy.

Be back soon

noWon

N

noWon

Performed reservoir change using Lucas formula and calibrated pH meter.

Casey Jones looks a little droopy?
IMG 00007954

Burkle looking too dense and needing a trim.
IMG 00007955

Have noticed a few flying insects. Need to purchase sticky traps ASAP.

Overall things are going well but I must better learn to utilize grow space. Have one Burkle not doing as well as all the others and not as perky either.

Got the ground tilled for the outdoor grow. Will get the girls in the ground in the next few days to let the bad weather pass. But the way the weather has been time will tell.

noWon

N

noWon

6/6/11
Day 10 flower
Noticed stunted growth. Not exactly sure why. Temps and pH are fine.

Burkle. New growth is brown and stunted. Edges of leaves on new growth is wrinkled and contorted.
IMG_00007963.JPG

Burkle. Plant has stunted growth due to deficiencies?
IMG_00007964.JPG

Burkle. Contorted and stunted growth.
IMG_00007976.JPG

Casey Jones. Leaf tips burnt. New growth stunted. Praying?
IMG_00007970.JPG

Casey Jones. Leaves yellowing. Stunted growth.
IMG_00007972.JPG

Decided to add cal/mag, hygrozyme and zone to help manage what I think are deficiencies.
Added 200ml hygrozyme
Added 200ml cal/mag
Added 20ml zone

6/10/11
Day 14 flower
Changed reservoirs.
Decided to quit Lucas Formula and just use GH's 1-2-3 regimen.
Picked up some Pro-Tekt due to weak stems.
Plants appear to be recovering from some deficiencies noticed on day 10 of flower. Time will tell.
Replaced co2 tank.

Burkle.
IMG_00008020.JPG

Casey Jones.
IMG_00008013.JPG

Added 200ml hygrozyme
Added 200ml cal/mag
Added 100ml Pro-Tekt
Added 20ml zone

6/11/11
Weather has finally cleared up for the outdoor but winds are extreme.
IMG_00008004.JPG

IMG_00008009.JPG

noWon

N

noWon

Things are looking better for Casey Jones and Burkle but had a few more problems! Will get pics soon.

A few plants are falling over now which I have made a temporary support. Also found a few plants drooping as if they were dying. Found the damn drip emitters clogged. This grow has been bad from the jump.

Was able to finally get a few plants put outdoors but ran out of soil. Always something i guess.

Been thinking of buying an Under Current system but damn are they expensive.

noWon

N

noWon

Things went better this week but had some problems with the co2 regulator. The flow gauge was stuck at 30 scfh so I have to replace it.

This week I also decided to go half strength on nutrients. A less is more type of approach because new growth on Burkle still appears a little stunted.

Outdoor is going well as the weather has finally got back to normal.

Burkle Day 22
IMG_00008080.JPG

Burkle leaf discoloration
IMG_00008081.JPG

Casey Jones still dropping leaves
IMG_00008096.JPG

Overall leaves appear to be erect and normal bud formation is beginning but overall damage has been done early on in flower from the deficiencies or lockout. Not sure as I will keep a close watch.

noWon

S

Slips

If you are feeding high and get problems; always lockout ... the base nutes should have enough of everything; I have since not gone above ec 1.1 and all the similar problems that I was having in my garden went away ...

Max ec on pbp 1.3
Max ec on GH 1.5

good call on dropping the ec ...

"The flow gauge was stuck at 30 scfh so I have to replace it."

Sure it wasn't freezing up? That's due to the flow rate set to high ... if you set the flow rate at 3-5 scfh it should keep your room around what you want when always on; that way if it freezes up it does not kill your plants ... not the perfect solution but had to go that way with my now retired tank ...

N

noWon

Hey Slips, good to see you brother. Yes since dropping the EC and stepping away from the Lucas Formula things have perked up. Currently my EC is 1.5 and I am positive I could go lower as things are not being consumed by the time I do a res change. I just dont want to try it now as I am hitting the peak of flowering here soon.

And yeah my flow gauge is just bad. Found a replacement for the Green Air CO2 regulator (Harris 601) over at weldingsupply dot com for 10.00.

Today, I am calibrating the co2 controller because I went into my room and it read 1700 ppms. WTF? Green Air Products are just crap. Terrible customer support as well. I much prefer my sentinal gear better. Too much trouble with Green Air.

You are right about the 3-5 cfh. I picked up a CAP controller in the meantime and it is set at 5 cfh and works great.

noWon

S

Slips

Yeah good luck with the c02; I'm having a nightmare over here with my mini-split ...

for now on I'm avoiding c.a.p aka crap and shinco aka shitco ... and trying my best to buy American ...

sounds like you know where to keep the ec now ...

deficiencies aka slight yellowing from the bottom up doesn't hurt yield or quality ... lockouts do ...

hope to see you around soon ...

dam hot today ...

N

noWon

Damn you have a mini split! I have been looking for one but need someone to run the electrical etc.

I hear you on the CAP and shinco, I had to take what I could get type of deal.

I just finished calibrating my CO2 unit and it was off 1000 ppm's. WTF? Manual says to just take it outside and adjust to 350-450 ppms and calibrated. No known setpoint in that calibration. How can you call that calibration? I hate Green Air Products. Poor quality. IMHO wait thats not opinion its fact. LOL

I didn't know we Amercans made anything. Can't remember the last time I saw "Made in America" I think we just buy stuff now LOL

noWon

S

Slips

That's how you calibrate the sentinel ones as well; it's not exact but gets the job done ... I actually have my c02 gen set at 1100 ppm ... sweet spot is between 700-1400 ...

I can do electrical; install natural gas c02; and HVAC work now;

The mini split is down for another 20 days; hv 24k wall unit running into the living room till then ...

Americans don't make much anymore but I got a 15 year old 10 gallon a day American dehumidifier over a Santa Fe after the shitco indecent ... IT CRANKS

N

noWon

I went thru calibration 3 times to make sure. I ended up with a measurement of 403 ppm's for outdoors. Things appear to be working okay now but time will tell. So tired of cheap gear. Quality counts. We spend so much money on this, I expect the stuff to work for a while before it goes. I think everyone can feel me on that.

Dude, shmoe just came by and game on. I need to get a mini-split install and enough power to run at least 8k. The mini-split is like 2k plus install it is a LG 32K btu. But I got a buddy that does A/C so he can purge it or whatever they do with that stuff if we cant. I just need the power scotty LOL

Shmoe said he may know a plug for a mini-split 1400 installed but I dont know the ratings of the unit. Gotta have enough power LOL

What style of growing are you using these days? I am trying drip for the first time since the last system I built I thought was the winner and the roots still clogged the system.

I am thinking of an Under Current xl13 with 3" pipes but I think they will still clog.
If they design the same system with the feed lines on the top instead of the bottom they might get away with it longer. Hard to say without trying it.

We gotta pow wow my brotha.

noWon

S

Slips

Power shouldn't be and issue ...
Looks like you will need to 240v lines run; Your house needs to have a 200 amp service it should ....

50 amps 240v line for the lights
30 amp 240v line for the ac

Also have the hvac pump to vacuum the ac lines; it's really easy; HVAC guys are only really needed when shit breaks or was installed half ass ... don't think shmoe is half assed lol

Friedrich 30,000 Btu 16.5 Seer Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner - $2200
LG LS307HV Wall Mounted Mini Split Heat Pump System 18 seer - 30000 BTU - $2100
LG LS240HSV Wall Mount Single Zone Ductless Heat Pump Mini Split -24,000btu -$1600

My 24k Mini split cool's 7 lights (from 7pm - 7am); natural gas c02 gen; and dehumidifier; should have gotten an lg would have only cost me 400 more but am tight on funds; High Overhead

I have currently switched exclusively to coco pots had watered; I will be switching them to coco hempy buckets on a drip line 5 times a day (5 gallon bucket with drain whole 2 inches up allows mini rez)

N

noWon

The electrical box should support it but more important is getting the power to that point. What do you do, just run conduit all the way around the house or do you drill thru the walls?

I really don't want peeps seeing all the power lines then start to ask questions. But its not like my neighbors dont know what I do. It is more of how much you got going on behind closed doors type of thing.

Hey, any thoughts on the Under Current systems? Something about that system turns me on but I truly think it will turn into more trouble over time.

I really need to keep it simple and keep costs down. The electric bill is expensive.

noWon

S

Slips

Have look at your house; either way the electrical conduit wont stand out; might be able to go through the attic ...

I am not fond of hydro currently doesn't play well with my organics ... and I believing more in KISS (keep it simple stup*d)
hydro systems are inherently complicated.

hempy coco

N

noWon

What is KISS. I have been away for a bit LOL

I will have to check that link in a bit or maybe tomorrow. I am getting way tired. Just got done smoking some hash from you know who. i gotta lay down LOL

Yeah I gotta also figure out a grow style and go with it. Been playin different styles for years now and the Under Current turns me on but I need to see more success from peeps.

Also, check your smoke reports at the ic. We need to get back to what we do!

noWon

N

noWon

Quick note on the grow...

Things are going well but early lockout has taken a toll on how they look.
pH has started to drop. Went from 6.3 to 5.6 in a 3-4 day period. Bumped pH up a wee bit because of fear of it dropping even further over night. Normally I would let that ride but it dropped too fast IMO. Something is not right there. Need to keep an eye on that.

Outdoor is doing okay but holy crap batman, it got HOT fast! The gals that are not in the ground are taking a beating from the heat even though they are fully watered. Things are strange this year IMO. Sun is extremely hot. My gals need some sunscreen LOL no seriously.

noWon

Latest posts

Top Bottom