Leave fan leaves while it dries to compensate for early/sudden harvest

• Thread starter smokey_waters
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokey_waters

Ran blue dream for 8 weeks, had inspection so had to chop asap, no time for flush. After a day in my car in bags they're now hanging in a tent upside down.

I want to compensate for the early harvest during the dry/cure process. Any insight would be appreciated..

Thx,

lazarus718

lazarus718

Dude, you don't need a dual post for this one...shouldn't be in the hydro thread either...

hiboy

hiboy

leaving your plants in bags is not good, lucky it wasnt too long.
pull your fan leaves and get ur humidity to 50-60% for 3 days
then u can drop it a hair, keep an eye on it every day morning and night, skip a day and then u could get burned.
h

S

smokey_waters

everyone keeps saying to take the leaves off- I would just like to know why and what advantage it has over leaving the leaves on.

lazarus718

lazarus718

everyone keeps saying to take the leaves off- I would just like to know why and what advantage it has over leaving the leaves on.

Like I said dude, if you leave them on you'll get their chorophyll in your bud as they die. It will ultimately affect the smell and the taste of your bud.

hiboy

hiboy

also more changes of mildew with large leaves leaning on your buds.....
i leave all small leaves on around the buds, for 2 days ish
depending on temps, etc.
but the fans go go go asap. even before hanging them. your buds will cure better IMO
h

S

smokey_waters

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. So leaving fan leaves results in chlorophyll in buds, so I guess what I'd like to know is if the fan leaves provide any advantage during the drying process- Since I had to harvest early, I'm interested in anything I can do to try and offset that.

Thx,

hiboy

hiboy

Leaving leaves on will slow the drying process, more water to suck out. And that horrible smell of wet hay...
only bummer about picking early is that it can affect the hi u get. ive heard diff. things about it,, some like it better, others dont, and the other negative thing is that theres still the chems lingering in the buds... to a point
h

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Also removing the main stalk,making a bunch of smaller branches to dry and scrapping the stalks with a potato peeler helped us a bit.

N

NoReason

I use to take off everything that is not a part of flower, resinous small leaves too.
I do this just after the harvest and this is the way I like most. No chlorophill taste and faster drying process. The leaves should be removed when they're hars, just after the chop, otherwise they will become soft and difficult to remove.

Just my two

C

chalky white

removing leaves

it depends on the situation of harvest if you dont flush leaving leaves on will benifit because as drying it will help use up the sugars to compensate for not flushing

vaporedout

vaporedout

huh, i just tried for the first time leaving on the fans when drying and i must say, i got better smelling buds and taste as well. i did a good 2 to 3 week flush on my girls though. doesnt curing take care of the chlorophyll when you burp it?? who knows though, you can ask 20 people and get 21 answers.

-vape

Top Bottom