Leaves are curling down not sure the problem

• Thread starter Derbmeister13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Derbmeister13

Derbmeister13

I use foxfarm trio still in veg feed 1 time a week ph 6.5 Rh 55 temp 78 .I went ahead and flushed her see what happens my other girls are not doing that . I may cut the nutrients in half see if that helps.I don't feel like its a watering problem. Waters ph is 6.5 using tap water after sitting out 24 to 48 hrs would I need to use cal mag with the foxfarm trio ?

Pdiesel

Pdiesel

Cal mag should be used at all times. I use 2 ml per gal every other feeding with fox farms. the recommended dosages seem to be to hot. I never go more then 50%. More with make em claw. Which can slow growth down, without correction. Do you check your ppm? Tap water has calcium in it. May not need cal mag as you may think. My tap water is at 246 ppm. I use RO water 22 ppm. Can you upload pic of whole plant in regular light?

Pdiesel

Pdiesel

Grow big has a lot of nitrogen for veg. Cal mag is made from calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate. I’d say ease back a little on the grow big. Add epsom salt If your using tap. I know it’s seems far fetched but check your city water report to get calcium levels checked. Tap contains chlorine ( which kills the good guy bacteria in soil) so try to let water sit for a day.

Pdiesel

Pdiesel

reducing N ppm will help. That’s strain may be light feeder. What medium is that?

Pdiesel

Pdiesel

Agree that’s some heavy defoliation. With that much pruning your nutrients needs to be balanced pretty well, if not the plant will pull what is lacks from remaining fan leaves... no worries this plant is tough.

Derbmeister13

Derbmeister13

Your plants look naked. Went pretty heavy with the pruning hey? Agree it looks like excess N claw.
my buddy who knows how to grow pruned them heavy more than I wanted .I hope he didn't over kill they are photoperiod .these pictures are his girls

Screenshot 20200817 104926 Gallery
Screenshot 20200817 104914 Gallery
Screenshot 20200817 104901 Gallery
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well he isnt totally wrong. It's a valid pruning technique but you've got to be pretty dialed in to do it. And you already had the N curl before prune. I think you just need to get plenty of runoff with the next feeding and cut your feed way back for a little bit.

Derbmeister13

Derbmeister13

Well he isnt totally wrong. It's a valid pruning technique but you've got to be pretty dialed in to do it. And you already had the N curl before prune. I think you just need to get plenty of runoff with the next feeding and cut your feed way back for a little bit.
Will do .thanks for your feed back

Pdiesel

Pdiesel

Pruning isn’t bad at all. And the technique he used is common. I do it to some extent, but one must understand what it’s goal isand how to maintain healthy plants and feeding. If your starting off you should stick to some lollipopping first to clean up LARF. Then adjust with future grows. But to get back to the OP, yeh bro cut back some ( not all) on the nitrogen for a week. Other then that your plants look good.

Derbmeister13

Derbmeister13

Update Foxfarm ocean forest ph 6.5 added table spoon Epson salt temp is 80 humidity 54 gave a gallon water yesterday each and a quarter today the tops were dry and bags were not heavy .any help

20200824 164125
20200824 164115
20200824 164110
20200824 164108
Top Bottom