Leaves Are Going Yellow And Uneven Grow

• Thread starter Tall guy01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tall guy01

Tall guy01

Hello i could do with some help 6 weeks into flowering I noticed the run off from the pots weren't high enough and the water was holding on all the slabs so I adjusted that and runs off fine now.
My leaves are going yellow on the outside Edge im not sure if I over fertilised due to the water holding please have butchers and see what you think..
Leaves are going yellow and uneven grow
Leaves are going yellow and uneven grow 2
Leaves are going yellow and uneven grow 3

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Yeah that doesn't look normal. Search the thread for a symptom checker maybe. Take a picture with a lense or take one out so the hps isn't messing with the cam.

Tall guy01

Tall guy01

it's the two plants closest to the wall they were the ones that were full of water.
And they are the ones showing leaf damage.
I also had a problem with scale thrips and spider mites and cleared them but still spraying SB plant invigorator weekly.
I will put some more pics on asap

Thanks

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Next time you water just use some ph balance water. They don't look too bad yet. Do you know what normal leaf dropper would look like? In flower some yellowing of the leaves is normal, but they take from the bottom first I think.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Slight overfeeding, slight P- (or P utilization/uptake problems), and on one plant I saw old Ca-, seems to have outgrown it.

I can't really see the leaves with the yellowing margins, but if you take a look at my thread called The Charts, you'll find some good graphics + a flow chart that's very helpful in making a Dx.

Tall guy01

Tall guy01

Slight overfeeding, slight P- (or P utilization/uptake problems), and on one plant I saw old Ca-, seems to have outgrown it.

I can't really see the leaves with the yellowing margins, but if you take a look at my thread called The Charts, you'll find some good graphics + a flow chart that's very helpful in making a Dx.
Hello what is ca-?
Thanks

Tall guy01

Tall guy01

Tall guy01

Tall guy01

Hello again
Just an update i checked all my levels ec ph my ph was 6.2 my ec in the run off and after running the feed through I filled a glass up on all run offs from the four slabs
They were all way over 3000 ec.
Any ideas how it could get so high ?
my max feed was 1.8 ec 3 feeds a day I was giving them I changed that too two feeds now.
As in the first post I said the water was holding I sorted that flushed it and changed the feed to 1.6 ec vitalink hydro max a&b and vitalink buddy is the feed temp 22 and hum 50,

My leaves are drying and cracking brown spots on most of the top leaves.
I have looked at your charts but what's the solution please I see it maybe the
Iron zinc mag and copper but any ideas how I can help my plants

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Quit feeding and just flush. Plain ph'd water. No nutes. I don't think they will recover being thatfar into flower but if you can stop the damage from getting worse, she will use what's left of those leaves stored energy to produce more bud in the final weeks.
Better yet, what's your medium? If you are in soil you could give em a drought and quit watering for a week. That's what happens in the fall. People might disagree, people might agree, but in the flowering period it would generally be fall when dry periods occur.

Tall guy01

Tall guy01

Sounds like an option here is the most recent pictures
Quit feeding and just flush. Plain ph'd water. No nutes. I don't think they will recover being thatfar into flower but if you can stop the damage from getting worse, she will use what's left of those leaves stored energy to produce more bud in the final weeks.
Better yet, what's your medium? If you are in soil you could give em a drought and quit watering for a week. That's what happens in the fall. People might disagree, people might agree, but in the flowering period it would generally be fall when dry periods occur.
hello and thanks for your help,
rockwall is my medium

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My leaves are drying and cracking brown spots on most of the top leaves.
I have looked at your charts but what's the solution please I see it maybe the
Iron zinc mag and copper but any ideas how I can help my plants
What you describe sounds like a classic Ca-. Because it's an immobile element you're now really only going to be able to stop progression, not reverse the damage. They also do look burned. If you're using salt based fertilizers this is really easy to do and if you're not using very low EC feeds in between pushing full feedings, I think that can explain why you got the readings you did from the run-off.

I think a pH of 6.2 may be too high for rockwool cultivation, but I've never done RW so don't hold me to that. But, if I were in your place I'd be shooting for a full point lower here. I would also be using a Ca product as a foliar application instead of root feed. And I'd be flushing at about a .2-.3 EC. Again, since I've never done RW I'm not 100% positive on this, but I would treat it like coco coir in that you do not flush with pure water, you use a mild nutrient solution or you're causing a huge shift in osmotic pressure in the root zone. That can cause problems, both immediately and further on down the road.

I would drop pH, drop EC without going to 0, and start giving MILD foliar feedings of Ca here. Then in the future, remember that the immobile elements really must be laid down from the get-go and feed accordingly from veg on.

Top Bottom