Leaves are shinny with acne please help!

• Thread starter Chaosvox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chaosvox

Chaosvox

Noticed some leaves looking shinny with bumps. The leaves were also distorted. there are other plants starting to show these same signs and I don’t know whether it is a disease, external or environmental, overwatering (root damage), pests or mold I can’t see? I need some help here as this is the fist time seeing this and the plants are someone else’s I am growing for them. “Hey dude I killed your plants”. I don’t want to go there so someone please tell me what I’m looking at here and how to get rid of it please.

super skunk from ILGM
18/6 light schedule
Viperspectra LED P4000, P2500, P2000, P1500
general hydroponics Flora Series Nutes, Cal mag, black strap molasses
filtered water 6.0-6.3 PH
fox farm ocean forest soil
RH is never above 35%
temp is between 65-75 usually at 72-73

Leaves are shinny with acne please help
Leaves are shinny with acne please help 2
Leaves are shinny with acne please help 3
Leaves are shinny with acne please help 4
Leaves are shinny with acne please help 5
Leaves are shinny with acne please help 6
Ponky

Ponky

If you look closely do you see little black or silver spots or streaks?

Chaosvox

Chaosvox

They have lightened up since the first picture as I did back off the nitrogen. However, acne/bumpy texture doesn’t fit. I think it is a combination of too much nitrogen and over-watering and maybe root problems. Has anyone seen these bumps before?

Maxwax

Maxwax

Yeah I did some reading and you look like you have Mites. Look at the leaves closely with a 40-60x hand lens and do some googling about Broad Mites on Cannabis.

2Bad

2Bad

Humidity could be an issue.. Have you ever grown with that low of humidity? The plants don''t enjoy it especially clones. It could simply be genetics too.
I don't know how you can overwater you've grown before

2Bad

2Bad

It could take a while to bounce back from humidity issues depending on the strains resilience but they should bounce back

Chaosvox

Chaosvox

Chip I read up on the mites you suggested and yeah the symptoms sure fit down to the new growth being affected. So I broke out my micro and took a closer look. I don’t see anything that looks like a bug but I’ve included some pics I took Maybe you can see something I don’t.

E666B9CE 4ADB 4CD2 92B7 1FAA5D6CDC00
62018EF4 166F 4F5A A170 C525851B3D5D
67014B18 C057 4898 8653 319E4F7D7FCF
CB239F3E 0249 4497 A960 EC4AABD7F5AD
DB34E636 D597 460C BB37 2451CF7AA8C9
Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

Chip I read up on the mites you suggested and yeah the symptoms sure fit down to the new growth being affected. So I broke out my micro and took a closer look. I don’t see anything that looks like a bug but I’ve included some pics I took Maybe you can see something I don’t.
This is strange but only other thing I could think of is fungus infection.
I've never had this issue with vpd and I live in the most humid state in the US with pure swamp ass heat.
I would hit it with some neem oil and h202 foliar!

Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

I noticed u have white little white specs on leafs in some of the pics you posted I'm almost 100 percent sure that's the mites they are hard to see even with a mag.insecticidal soap works but I wouldnt put it on my plants unless organic and natural I use neem oil and hydrogen peroxide water mixed.
If u have any animals keep them out the grow space dogs cats can carry mitez.

Last edited:
Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

That’s not mites.
I've never had a personal issue like this with my plants you probably know more maybeWhat do u think it is?
I would cover all basis to be safe foliar spray and get vpd in check .

Chem77

Chem77

I've never had a personal issue like this with my plants you probably know more maybeWhat do u think it is?
I would cover all basis to be safe foliar spray and get vpd in check .
I don’t know what it is. Being on this site, seeing what people do, nothing would surprise me. My guess is environmental.
That don’t look like any mite damage that I’ve seen firsthand.

Chem77

Chem77

Your pots look quite dry from what I can see, I don’t think over watered. Look like they need water?

Top Bottom