Leaves canoeing, clawing and tips burning

• Thread starter nish20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nish20

Hi all,
I'm new to this, and I'd like to know whats happening with my pot. Switched to 12:12.
I have consequently reduced watering. No added ferts. Lights are about 45cm away. Mg def? Please Help.

Thanks everyone.
Nish

Leaves canoeing clawing and tips burning
Leaves canoeing clawing and tips burning 2
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have seen some posts from growers that have difficulty similar to whatyou are seeing a few weeks after switching to 12/12. Clawing usually occurs from overfeeding, but you mentioned that you haven't added any nutrients. Your Ph can affecta lot of stuff, so I would check your Ph as well as your PPMsif you have the meters and/or equipment. It DOES look like a Mg deficiency, but the reason for it is the question. If you have lockout in your root zone, then addressing those issues is paramount.
A fast way to correct a Mg deficiency is to feed it a diluted dose of epsom salts or Cal-Mag. This will bypass the roots and if you see improvement, thenyou know that a lockoutis the cause of your problems. Make sure to dilute it properly as a regular dose of epsom salts is too strong for a foliar feeding. What medium are you growing them in?

Judaz

Judaz

Can you post pictures of the whole plant. I would like to see how the branching is. More info needed how far into flowering? What medium you using? What’s the strain? Why reduce watering? Ppm ph run off readings. It’s really hard to tell but I suspect you may have a viroid or some disease. Your strain looks a lot like the one in this link and that’s how a viroid is affecting that type of strain mixed with some nute deficiencies

N

nish20

I jave reduced watering because soil seems moist for too long with the 12 12 lighting. And no nutes because of the burnt tips.

When you switch to 12/12 your plants go through unprecedented growth; why do you feel you needed to reduce watering and why are you not feeding them?
W

N

nish20

I doubt it. There is no pest. I'll check ph soon, waiting for the ph pen to be delivered. 2 weekes flowering. Photo will be uploaded shortly. I dont know the strain.

Can you post pictures of the whole plant. I would like to see how the branching is. More info needed how far into flowering? What medium you using? What’s the strain? Why reduce watering? Ppm ph run off readings. It’s really hard to tell but I suspect you may have a viroid or some disease. Your strain looks a lot like the one in this link and that’s how a viroid is affecting that type of strain mixed with some nute deficiencies

N

nish20

More pics coming soon. As you can see, leaves are rotting = root rot = overwatering.. but under control now😊. Increased lighting also since yesterday.

20191110 120652
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I jave reduced watering because soil seems moist for too long with the 12 12 lighting. And no nutes because of the burnt tips.

W
That's because they're sick and we're trying to figure out why.

A normal plant when put into 12/12 will begin an intense growth spurt and will demand more of everything, including water. That's why I quoted your words

There's a chart here back on the intro page that asks about 15 questions or so, fill it out and put in whole plant pictures too

Here's a rough estimate: a healthy plant in a 3 gallon container of soil gets about 40 oz h20 every 48 hours

Ps. I may be wrong, won't know until you give us more information, but to me it looks more like a potassium deficiency/lockout, but the big question is still what's wrong in the root Zone that's causing your issueS..?
Screenshot 20191116 054418 Chrome
Screenshot 20191116 054948 Google

Last edited:
PepeLePew

PepeLePew

I just had a quick glance at your plant photos. Looks like they had nutrient burn that lead into lockout and possibly a ph issue in your medium. I would flush the medium and then pay extra attention to not overwater in the future and check your soil ph. What soil are you running, bought or mixed by yourself. Anything in the soil to buffer PH like oyster shell flour or dolomitic lime?

PepeLePew

PepeLePew

I just had a quick glance at your plant photos. Looks like they had nutrient burn that lead into lockout and possibly a ph issue in your medium. I would flush the medium and then pay extra attention to not overwater in the future and check your soil ph. What soil are you running, bought or mixed by yourself. Anything in the soil to buffer PH like oyster shell flour or dolomitic lime?
and alo what strain are you growing.....

Top Bottom