Leaves coming in threes rather than pairs - Blueberry

• Thread starter RickyRicardo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RickyRicardo

Hello, I have a Blueberry plant that I have been growing from seed to become a mother plant (feminized) for propagation.

Beside being a slow grower, this plant has something I have not seen before in plants I have grown (fairly new to growing, but have started quite a few seeds over the last year).

Leaves do not come in pairs on opposite sides of the stalk but in threes. A picture is worth a thousand words:

DSCF2346.jpg

I have just trimmed the tops and new growths are coming between each leaves, and this is at all leves on the plant, from the type it germinated (the plant had the first two set of leave that are not quite leave yet and then three heads emerged)

Anyone knows if this is good, bad or what is the significance of this?

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah i had a fire bubba by OGR do that, not a big deal. you will get a nice yield. the clones you take wont carry that trait over, they will come out normal. enjoy her man, its one of the rare random finds ~SMF~

F

forehead

if i am not mistaken tri-folate(sp?) leaves on BB are indicative of a special,desirable plant.

D

Darkstar

most times it will grow out of it and resume normal growth.
Peace..

B

bigbag

within the Blue family lies many a mutant, discard it at once or suffer the consequences ! sometimes mutants turn out dank, its a tough decision as u can c

R

RickyRicardo

Conflicting advice

So potential desired trait, ephemeral situation, or something with dire consequences?

Who do I listen too? I guess I will take the opportunity for one extra cutting per node for now and report back.

However, if anyone ran into this with blueberry, in would like to hear from it.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
within the Blue family lies many a mutant, discard it at once or suffer the consequences ! sometimes mutants turn out dank, its a tough decision as u can c

i think bigbag was just busting your chops. i have ran into it with toher plants havent grown blueberry yet. heres one of my g13/haze bx1's. has the 3 coming out as well as 4 shoots at 1 node

DSC 0029
DSC 0033
Top Bottom