Leaves Curling Down When Co2 On?

• Thread starter ri420patient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ri420patient

ri420patient

All my leaves will stand up normal with no co2 and when I turn on the co2 within a half hour one strain will wilt down and if I turn off and vent room will stand up? 20,000 watts nanolux de, 10 ton ac, 2 quest 105s ,air temp 78 day 68 night room is exhausted at night. Even if I use only 500 ppm it will wilt

ri420patient

ri420patient

All my leaves will stand up normal with no co2 and when I turn on the co2 within a half hour one strain will wilt down and if I turn off and vent room will stand up? 20,000 watts nanolux de, 10 ton ac, 2 quest 105s ,air temp 78 day 68 night room is exhausted at night. Even if I use only 500 ppm it will wilt
Also using propane co2 generator

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Not familiar with co2 generators but it sounds like you've got some kind of malfunction with the generator process or a possible propane leak.

DR.GT

DR.GT

Definitely look for clean burning flame. Biggest issue burning is either dirty or not adding fresh oxygen to the room. I burn propane and it's fine as long as u add fresh air in room where burning for 15 minutes every 2 hours.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Have heard reports of issues with burners. Seem sporadic and likely related to impurities from the propane causing toxicities and plant health. If you have recently changed propane suppliers (assuming this hadn't happened before) consider that as a possible variable.
Does seem as though your temps should be higher to really benefit from CO2 though.

ri420patient

ri420patient

What color is the flame on the burner? It's gotta be pure blue not even orange flickers. We had an issue w burners cuz our rooms were too windy it fucked w the combustion brand new burners burning orange. Get yourself a big tank of liquid co2. It's like 5k for the tank deposit but it'll last you a year+ w 20k. Just eliminates another potential issue. They put sulphur and there are other impurities in gas that can cause issues when burned
I think I'd like to go this route

ri420patient

ri420patient

What method do you use to do this? I was thinking about installing a couple shutter exhaust fans in my room but I wasn't sure if they'd leak CO2 during lights.
I have a 10 inch max fan on a can filter that is ducted out in another room

ri420patient

ri420patient

Have heard reports of issues with burners. Seem sporadic and likely related to impurities from the propane causing toxicities and plant health. If you have recently changed propane suppliers (assuming this hadn't happened before) consider that as a possible variable.
Does seem as though your temps should be higher to really benefit from CO2 though.
I had tried it in veg with higher temps and also seemed the same but I did recently switch supplier I'm gonna go back to old supplier and see if it makes a difference thanks

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
From what I have read, vpd is much more important when using co2 and a low rh along with a low temp with the added co2 can curl leaves. When using co2 its best to keep the temp a bit higher along with the rh, this is only from research not personal experience.
picture.php

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Here is my weekly environmental layout (edited out some irrelevant info for the thread). The ppms referre to ppms of CO2 not nutes. This is for a 8-8.5 week strain but can easily be adjusted to a 9-10 week one.

You absolutely want to drop co2 the last 2 weeks to the outside level (380-400). This will help with your quality greatly

Veg: 81 F, 70 RH, 1000 ppms

W1-3: 81 F, 70 RH, 1000 ppms

W4: 81 F, 65 RH, 1000 ppms

W5-6: 78 F, 60 RH, 1000 ppms

W7: 75 F, 55 RH, 400 ppms

W8-8.5: 75 F, 55 RH, 400 ppms, RO flush

Hope this helps
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...co2-the-further-you-get-into-flowering.53733/

RudyClosGrow

RudyClosGrow

From what I have read, vpd is much more important when using co2 and a low rh along with a low temp with the added co2 can curl leaves. When using co2 its best to keep the temp a bit higher along with the rh, this is only from research not personal experience.
picture.php
Does that make sense? I try to keep my RH below 60%, the chart shows my ideal temp should be 59-72 degrees. I routinely keep my temps 74-76 degrees and 59-35% RH without co2. That would mean with co2 my temps should go down, not up? With increased growth plants will use more fert, water and should need more light, but I've heard some decrease their light?

Latest posts

Top Bottom