leaves curling downward

• Thread starter akhippi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
akhippi

akhippi

I sprouted 4 beans,all came up.Had 2 little boys and got rid of them and left with 2 females.I`m going into my 4th wk of flowering.One plant has thinner leaves and probably is an indica sativa mix and is 3 and a half feet tall growing straight up and light green with lots of buds but not a lot of fan leaves,the other one is 3 feet tall,dark green,lots of buds w/ purple edged fat wide leaves,for sure indica,very healthy.My question,I live in Alaska so we really don`t per say get a whole lot of "name brand buds"just really good smoke,in other words bag seed.I grow w/ cfl`s due to living arrangements.I use Fox Farms big bloom in the flowering which I always used other times.Some of the leaves in the taller light green plant are curling under all the way around the leaf like rolling a joint.Will get a picture soon,but basically the other plant,beautiful, and the one with the leaf problems still a nice plant except f/ that.I only water and feed when the soil is completely dry so as not to overwater with an occasional light water spritzing.It`s cold up here so it`s not heat,anyone have any suggestions?All help would be appreciated.Got a picture loaded also some brown spots on a few leaves and dead tips.

Leaves curling downward
Leaves curling downward 2
Unit541

Unit541

How much are you feeding them? What's in your soil? I'd back off the nutes a bit, skip a feeding or two, and come back at a lower EC.

akhippi

akhippi

I`m using an organic potting soil.I use one half tbsp. per quart of water of the Fox Farms Big Bloom .The other plant thrives on it and is problem free.Each plant gets a quart of water per watering.Maybe I should use a quarter tablespoon on the problem plant as you say.I`ll upload pics down the road and pics of my other one.The two plants are as different as night and day.Like you say the problem plant may not like as much nutes,thanks dude.

akhippi

akhippi

I`m using a quart of water each watering on both my girls,the other one is fine and I`m getting proper downflow and I don`t let them get bone dry.I water every 2-3 days when they need it and they are in 3 gal. pots.These are not my first grow so I know I`m not under watering.

hiboy

hiboy

I`m using a quart of water each watering on both my girls,the other one is fine and I`m getting proper downflow and I don`t let them get bone dry.I water every 2-3 days when they need it and they are in 3 gal. pots.These are not my first grow so I know I`m not under watering.

a quart every 2 to 3 days in flower is def. underwatering
hb

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

a quart every 2 to 3 days in flower is def. underwatering
hb

No, he is under CFL's, he's not going to go through the water you do with HID's. I water my moms under T5's twice a week.

dorjewright

dorjewright

flush until there is a good run off. See how they react. Every watering should be sufficient to get some run off; but make sure to let thme dry before the next. A moisture prob will help determine the watering schedule.

hiboy

hiboy

No, he is under CFL's, he's not going to go through the water you do with HID's. I water my moms under T5's twice a week.

Yah u could be right about that,
we all know the claw is overnuting,
thought it might be more than that. flowering plants every 3 day with a quart isnt much though, they just look droop and wilty
hb

akhippi

akhippi

Exactly,it takes that long f/ the water to evaporate.The cfl`s run very cool,I don`t even need to use a fan and like i said my other girl is a purple of some kind and she is thriving like crazy so as you say I know I`m not under watering,I`ve grown quite a few f/ my personal the past years.I mean there`s a shit load of buds it`s just a few leaves that do this rolling thing.

akhippi

akhippi

I backed off the nutes on the sick one and left it the same on my other one since its doing very well,thanks guys!

akhippi

akhippi

Thanks f/ the help guys,I`m going to back off the nutes and see what happens

akhippi

akhippi

I think this might be the problem on this particular plant,gonna try it,thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom