Leaves curling in a weird way

• Thread starter mur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mur

Hello, new to the forum and growing. My plants are outdoors in Canada. They are curling and I'm not sure why. It is raining today so that is why they are wet. Please help. What have I done wrong?
Leaves curling in a weird way 2
Leaves curling in a weird way 3

Leaves curling in a weird way
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

What's that standing water on leafs? How's the RH in your region?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

RH is 91% I think and it is raining right now. These are outdoor plants.
For how many days the RH is there and raining?

Seems like a overwater, over rain, over RH and over N problem mixed all together.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Edit
Also when they started showing symptoms? Together with the rainy season and high RH?

M

mur

The RH is quite consistent but it's been very dry. Not much for rain, glad we are finally getting some. I try to let them dry out for a day between watering and I don't give too much water that I know of, they were too dry last week. Maybe too much N but I keep that low as well.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

They have been doing this for 2 months. No rainy season. Only rain today.
Interesting, they were starting to flower recently?

If only one day rain, they could be reveging with leaf "mutations".

And there's a pretty bad N toxicity happening too.

Frying From the bottom up and some reversed canoeing and, clawing and that classic over N deep green, lettuce like leafs could be because of reveging.

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I've seen that downward curling of leaf tips after watering my indoor plants. It looks like N toxicity and goes away in a few hours up to a day. The plants recover okay. I'm not exactly sure why it happens. A theory I have is the water dissolves nutrients in the soil, making more nitrogen available to the plant, creating N toxicity. I feed the plants by topdressing with Gaia Green nutrients. Since I reduced the amount, I've seen less of this problem.

Top Bottom