leaves curling in

• Thread starter shotgun1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KrazyDan

Im with Chick and SUN....check the runoff...also one thing i have overlooked before was drainage..sometimes the bottom inch wont have good drainage and the whole plant will begin to yellow...i fixed this by carefully pulling out the plants and sure enough they were soaked at the bottom .... a few handfuls of lava rock and some fresh soil and in three days they greened right up and took off..made sure air was going under the pots by gluing soda caps to the bottoms...still wondering why they aren't just molded with feet.

KD

P

PureSugar

PH and soil test ..

1. get plain water check the ph of that,
2. Pour ph tested water threw the container and CATCH THE FIRST PART OF RUN OFF!!! make sure u collect the first of the run off ,, very important here .
3. test the run off again with PH meter and report these 2 numbers .

were looking for a difference between the 2 numbers . and if there is a difference.
just a slight difference between the 2 numbers could mean big numbers between.

SS- I have a few questions. What would it mean if I poured in 5.8 and the run off is 6.0? What is the importance of catching the first part of the run off vs. all of the run off?

forknowledge

forknowledge

PureSugar Good question.

What if your PH going in is at 6.5 & first bit of runoff coming out is at 7.5?

D

Dr Tweed

forknowledge your medium ph is 8.5
runoff 7.5 x 2 =15 -(6.5 whats going in) =8.5

puresugar your medium is 6.2
runoff x 2 -the ph going in

hope this helps
i think this is how it works i never really had ph prob always check my runoff and work it out like this and correct if needed
you check the first run off to get a true reading, not all the run off your gettin a mixed reading

J

jordisgarden

I have one plant out of 20 thats doing this. i have anothr of the same strain same feedings same everything. one is curling. only the very top leafs though. top on a few branches. the top main cola leafs are fine. my plant is fine. couldnt it be that some plants just do weird shit?..maybe? thats what i figured anyway

K

koopa troopa

the key problem is the ocean forest by iteself as a medium. too much N, so cut it with something light like roots, which i did. find a suitable mixture ratio and go with it.

Top Bottom