Leaves curling overgrown roots, help

• Thread starter Joners
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Joners

Hello all. I need some help with an indoor grow. I work for a large company and we have run into an issue with one of our flower rooms. The plants are healthy in veg but they begin to look sad (leaves curl downward) within days of transplant. Eventually the roots become overgrown, like it’s looking for nutes and water. The bud never develops very well and is mostly larf. No root rot. Leaf coloring is normal.

There’s an identical room right next to it that is one of our best rooms. The conditions for both rooms are identical. Same water source, dimensions, amount of water, nutes, lights, strains, etc. We have been having this problem for awhile now. It was good once after we replaced most of the pvc that leads to the room, but not all. The reason we did this was because someone said that veg+bloom can build up in the pipes and we switched to anthena. Nothing was changed but the problem persisted after that. The experienced growers here have tried a lot of things but nothing works. Unfortunately I don’t have specific light temps, ph and all that good stuff, but as I said before all conditions are exactly the same as another room with the same dimensions and equipment, and that room is beautiful!

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

J

Joners

one update, the pvc splits for these rooms right past the pump

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Pretty hard to be helpful without pictures and more information. Leaves curling downward can be a moisture in media issue (depending on media), rh issue, phosphorus def, light intensity issue and prolly a few other things I can’t think of atm because I’m faded af. Need to know more to get an idea what may be pissing them off. My gut tho is that it has something to do with the setup for that room. No 2 rooms are identical. If a pipe run is not plumbed correctly (with enough fall for instance) you can areas where nutrients will settle and concentrate. HVAC programming for grow facilities is notoriously dodgy, even if you spring for the high end stuff. I would also check and/or replace sensors, timers, controllers and maybe reposition sensors to make sure your readings are good and are actually what you think they are. If everything is actually ”the same”, then either the gods of man and ganj are pissed at that room or something is not actually the same. Just my semi-educated cents for what it’s worth. Cheers

J

Joners

Pretty hard to be helpful without pictures and more information. Leaves curling downward can be a moisture in media issue (depending on media), rh issue, phosphorus def, light intensity issue and prolly a few other things I can’t think of atm because I’m faded af. Need to know more to get an idea what may be pissing them off. My gut tho is that it has something to do with the setup for that room. No 2 rooms are identical. If a pipe run is not plumbed correctly (with enough fall for instance) you can areas where nutrients will settle and concentrate. HVAC programming for grow facilities is notoriously dodgy, even if you spring for the high end stuff. I would also check and/or replace sensors, timers, controllers and maybe reposition sensors to make sure your readings are good and are actually what you think they are. If everything is actually ”the same”, then either the gods of man and ganj are pissed at that room or something is not actually the same. Just my semi-educated cents for what it’s worth. Cheers
Thanks man, I appreciate it, I will get more info tomorrow

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I'm assuming you have separate veg and bloom rooms? From your description if everything is the same the only thing you left out was HVAC. Have you checked the ducting for any mold? Could be that you're blowing mold into the room and that's why your room performs so poorly under the same conditions otherwise.

I met a guy from Australia at a weed convention and he had a gel that he sells to Australian hospitals that kills mold and viruses. The hospitals would use it in their ducting to kill off whatever airborne bacteria or mold was circulating through the air system. He was trying to sell it to legal operators to mitigate issues like yours. You could also look into UV light to fight off airborne bacteria.

Without more info I can't really diagnose what's going on. Do ALL the plants exhibit the same symptoms or is it just a few, half the room?

TSD

TSD

Well something must be different. As mentioned above, it could be a lot of things, your readings may not be what they say they are... or you have a pathogen of some kind.

J

Joners

I'm assuming you have separate veg and bloom rooms? From your description if everything is the same the only thing you left out was HVAC. Have you checked the ducting for any mold? Could be that you're blowing mold into the room and that's why your room performs so poorly under the same conditions otherwise.

I met a guy from Australia at a weed convention and he had a gel that he sells to Australian hospitals that kills mold and viruses. The hospitals would use it in their ducting to kill off whatever airborne bacteria or mold was circulating through the air system. He was trying to sell it to legal operators to mitigate issues like yours. You could also look into UV light to fight off airborne bacteria.

Without more info I can't really diagnose what's going on. Do ALL the plants exhibit the same symptoms or is it just a few, half the room?
Yes, all the plants exhibit same behavior, thanks for your info, very helpful!

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Post a pic of one if you can. Picture worth 1000 words, and so on… sounds like a weird bundle of symptoms.

Top Bottom