Leaves curling side ways /twisted

• Thread starter ChuckFinnl3y
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

I've noticed some curling on my leaves, doesnt show to well on the pictures but they kinda turn sideways as if someone twisted the end of the Leaf.
Leaves curling side ways twisted 2
Leaves curling side ways twisted

I'm not sure what the issue is, as comparing them to other Pictures i couldnt find something that looked exactly like this.
So far im only guessing it might be light stress as some pictures looked a bit similiar and I increased my lightning yesterday, though signs of the curling happend before turning up the Light.
Leaves curling side ways twisted 3

Its a 1x1x2 m Tent (slightly bigger than a 3x3) with an Vipar Spectra ks3000 now running on 50% at its max height.
Temperature is around 22-25 C and Humidity fluactuates abit from 45-60 which im trying to somehat stabilize rn.

As a side note i had white Spots on her, and treated her with a 1% solution of Hydrogen Peroixde.
Having two other Plants in there which - at the moment - dont show these curlings.

ddandurand

ddandurand

in my opinion nothing to worry about. have had this happen from time to time and the plant always grows out of it. I think its has something to do with the lower humidity and transpiration. although Ive never seen cotyledons twist like that for me. Sometimes when I've encountered if I've slightly over watered.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Yeah the cotyldons surprised me but figured it woudnt matter to much, but the Leaves now have me worried seemed like it got worse from yesterday to today. Pictures have a problem showing it but 1 side of the Leaf turn upwards while the opposite site turns downwards

ddandurand

ddandurand

you should be ok bud, they are kinda like a teen at this stage and go through an akward phase sometimes. you humidity seems slightly low for the temp. great for late flower but early veg i typically shoot for high 60's low 70's percent. That being said. Its not too big of a deal.

and i know theres alot of old school cats on here that dont think VPD is important and it may not be once your eye is trained, but im still learning and I will keep an eye on it from time to time. just a handy way to at least get you close to optimal.

Last edited:
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Thats a relief :D thanks for the replies.

Been thinking about Humidifiers, might have to bite the Apple and start checking specs for them.
Wanted to get by without but doesnt seem possible, dropped to 34% Rh at one point after which i started battling it. Right now i started to use an old Humidifier/Misting device with a really small tank maybe about 250ml thats intended to use as aromizer. But i just let it ran constantly and have my Inline Fan take care of it once it reaches 70% not really feasible to work with long term already getting annoyed with the constant refills 😅
Tried open Containers with water in them aswell, but dont wanna create breeding grounds.

ddandurand

ddandurand

been there as well, good luck. I had to just down size the grow and went with a small 2x3 and a 2x2 that i could manage the humidity a little better. Someday ill have a dedicated room with a little luck.

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

Mine are the same twisted leaves hopefully be ok after reading your replies hope everything goes well
IMG 3721

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. I’d move your dripper off to the side so the plug or rockwool doesn’t get too wet and cause problems

Top Bottom