Leaves curling up? (Canoeing) What does this mean?

• Thread starter GalaxysEdge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Hi all.

I've been searching for an answer on this question but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. My best guess is nutrient burn.

Plant specs:
Soil: Fox Farms Ocean Forest
Avg temp: 76 degrees
Avg humidity: 40 to 50
Lights: 300w LED. 24 in above canopy

I water when soil gets dry. But this is my first grow so overwatering is definitely a possibilty for me.

I have not added any nutrients.

I just transplanted as of yesterday (7/26) from solo cup to 3 gal containers. I watered soil before and after transfer, but did not get run off as I was paranoid of overwatering.

The leaves have always been a darker shade of green since sprouting. The canoeing issue is perplexing. Any ideas?

Leaves curling up canoeing what does this mean
Leaves curling up canoeing what does this mean 2

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

I'll go with too much light. Put your light a little higher
Thanks for the reply. So I have 2x 300w LED lights. They have 2 switches on them. One that says "veg" another that says "bloom". I have both turned on.

Do you think I should just have the veg switched on only? Or you think simply raising the lights will solve this?

karolanne

karolanne

Thanks for the reply. So I have 2x 300w LED lights. They have 2 switches on them. One that says "veg" another that says "bloom". I have both turned on.

Do you think I should just have the veg switched on only? Or you think simply raising the lights will solve this?
Personnaly, I would use veg only until I'm ready to flip and then, turn off the veg and turn on the bloom. But that is my preference. There are few school of thoughs about it.

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Its too hot temp wise.
Turn the BLOOM off. That will cut down some heat.
How tall do you want your plants?
You should only be using the VEG setting. Why? I'll let the 420 Doc 'splain it.
Dr. Bruce Photobiology Simplified
Interesting. My Temps hover around 75 to 78 degrees. Is that still too hot for these plants? I figured that was the right range, but perhaps different strains like different temps?

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

The leaves have always been a darker shade of green since sprouting. The canoeing issue is perplexing. Any ideas?

I had some canoe on me this grow and even though it isn't that hot any more and the lights aren't too close the canoeing is sticking around. It was hot early July and that is when it started.
Don't use the canoeing to diagnose in the future. It may just stick around.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It's not just the air temp. The leaves are absorbing light and heat. The air isn't.
Take the temp of your plants, not the air in the tent. Leaves can be higher temp.
You may need a no-touch thermometer.

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

It's not just the air temp. The leaves are absorbing light and heat. The air isn't.
Take the temp of your plants, not the air in the tent. Leaves can be higher temp.
Ahhh that makes sense. Thank you for that knowledge, I had no idea that could be a factor. So much to learn still!

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Thanks for the tip on the no-touch thermometer.

I'm not running an air-conditioned, humidity controlled room so some times there are issues. The plants seem to motor on through just about anything that gets thrown at them.

DSC00772

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Veg/bloom switches are gimmicks. Turn em both on and raise them up. Why do I say this? Starving a plant of a spectrum does no good at all, this is why ideally we use full spectrum and not blurple anyhow so why reduce that further to only red or blue?

That's heat/light stress. At this point you probably only need 1 of them and move them back I'm gonna guess twice as far for now and give them a few days. The see how they look and maybe starting inching closer very slowly.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Veg/bloom switches are gimmicks. Turn em both on and raise them up. Why do I say this? Starving a plant of a spectrum does no good at all, this is why ideally we use full spectrum and not blurple anyhow so why reduce that further to only red or blue?

That's heat/light stress. At this point you probably only need 1 of them and move them back I'm gonna guess twice as far for now and give them a few days. The see how they look and maybe starting inching closer very slowly.

They have had low temps and light raised for weeks now. I'm thinking this is their new normal.

Plants are regular seed from Lucky 13, Pineapple Poundcake. Humidity is unusually high this year. I'm reading about droughts but that isn't the case here. Smell wonderful which I get from pinching the odd leaf. Supposed to be 50/50 hybrid even though they look very Sativa with the canoeing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They have had low temps and light raised for weeks now. I'm thinking this is their new normal.

Plants are regular seed from Lucky 13, Pineapple Poundcake. Humidity is unusually high this year. I'm reading about droughts but that isn't the case here. Smell wonderful which I get from pinching the odd leaf. Supposed to be 50/50 hybrid even though they look very Sativa with the canoeing.
I was replying to the OP. You definitely have stress but they seem to be chugging along

Latest posts

Top Bottom