Leaves Curling

• Thread starter markkelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

markkelly

i everyone,

Im new to growing.Everthink has been going good.intill now iv noticed that the bottom leaves are curling under and sagging.is this normal for the bottom to do that,with the top half good?Iv put some pictures on to see what everyone thinks

Cheers

plant4.jpg
plant3.jpg
plant2.jpg
plant1.jpg

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Either it's too cold, over-watering, watered with cold water, or a disease....possibly a combination of one or more those. It's also possibly caused by low light conditions. Any of these ring a bell?

S

SkyHi

Low light looks like to me...they look like most lower leaves when they get no light

M

markkelly

Hi,my ph is 5.8 it has gone up to 6.5 for a day or two thou.the girls are 5 weeks old on there 6th node,iv got a 24L res with fish tank heater set onto 21c,and a airpump i use sensi grow part a and b.i used a calculator on the advanced nutrients website and the stage im supposed be on now is 49.51ml,and thats what im doing now.the air temp is around 33c,the girls get watered 3 times a day,it was set at 10 min feed but i have now changed it to 5 min feed.on saturday just gone i flushed each plant with water (3L) then cleaned out lines and res.its got ph 5.8 pure water in atm.how long do you think i should keep the water like that?I also use somethink called stress coat its a water and temp conditioner to remove chlorine,chloramines and ammonia form the water.could this be a problem? iv got my lights set at 18cm from the top leaf of the plants with a fan blowing up into it.Cheers
markkelly is online now Add to markkelly's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote

D

Dubwobble

Looks like overwatering and a grow medium that is too cold.

M

MASSES 420KING

you got some serious shit wrong with those ''THE AVATAR MICHEAL FRANTI'' is right and thats just to start looks like you got a few different things hppening to you all at once dont worry it happens to some of the best i once lost a whole crop to powdery mildew dont give up or give in just keep pluggin away on top of ''AVATAR FRANTI'S'' advice you should go get some hydro guard it will help start to fix your plant you never mentioned about your rez the strain or how your roots look and grow or your nute line all these will help us 100% better in helping you diagnose your issues hit us up with that info and youll get alot better advice

M

mysophilia

Its PM.. Touch the leaves and see if they just fall apart from the pm killing off the cells... The 2nd and 3rd pic really shows the whitesh/greyish tint ya have on the leaves almost like " powder " on the leaves look too...

C

CAPO

I don't see any PM in that 1st picture. I think his flash is making them look like that.

j wizzle

j wizzle

it doesnt look like PM to me....looks like low light is the first problem.

looks like theyve been waterred too much too

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

It looks like hard water. The PH fluctuation could be due to light leaking into your res and making your PH go up. Did you filter your water? What's the PPM of your water? Did you clean the crap out of that hydroton? If your water looks red, clean the hydroton some more. Check your PPM's (EC), the curling happens from an excess of salt dehydrating the plant and the excess salt doesn't necessarily need to be fertilizer. It could be too much cal-mag, other minerals, or the water conditioner you mentioned. Personally I would buy a 1 micron drinking water carbon filter if you don't have one already. I actually prefer it to reverse osmosis. try a slightly higher PH, I run mine at 6.1-6.3 as I had similar problems at 5.8 with a few strains. Some folks can run the lower PH but I never seem to get good results.

H

Hlg09

I have had that same problem, currently having that problem right now with la confidential. All my la clones are doing it as well. Seems it only happens to the lower leafs and the ones closest to the main stem and around the buds where there isnt near as much light.

N

newbiewitskillz

I would flush for a couple of days and come back with a light veg feed and a lil cal mag. if you don't notice any differennce at all then i would say the light is too far from the plants.

justiceman

justiceman

Hi,my ph is 5.8 it has gone up to 6.5 for a day or two thou.the girls are 5 weeks old on there 6th node,iv got a 24L res with fish tank heater set onto 21c,and a airpump i use sensi grow part a and b.i used a calculator on the advanced nutrients website and the stage im supposed be on now is 49.51ml,and thats what im doing now.the air temp is around 33c,the girls get watered 3 times a day,it was set at 10 min feed but i have now changed it to 5 min feed.on saturday just gone i flushed each plant with water (3L) then cleaned out lines and res.its got ph 5.8 pure water in atm.how long do you think i should keep the water like that?I also use somethink called stress coat its a water and temp conditioner to remove chlorine,chloramines and ammonia form the water.could this be a problem? iv got my lights set at 18cm from the top leaf of the plants with a fan blowing up into it.Cheers
markkelly is online now Add to markkelly's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote

IMHO I think your plants have way to much Nitrogen or are getting locked out by a nutrient solution that is way to high. Any nutrient calculator is just a general guide line. They don't usually take into consideration the different environmental factors that exist such as light intensity, temperature, humidity, etc. The air temp at 91 degrees causes probably causes your res to lose water very fast witch in turn rapidly raises the ppm of your rez. You say your lights are about 18cm(7 inches) away? That seems extremely close for HID lights. I would raise them especially because of that 91 degree temp. A general rule of thumb is 12 inches for 400w, 18 inches for 600w, and 24 inches for 1000w. Obviously environmental conditions change those measurements.

So what ppm or EC have you been hitting them with anyway?

I would raise the lights, and back off on the nutrients

B

bluedog

Switch to soil. Hydro has to many ways for shit to go wrong for beginners to start out on.

Top Bottom