Leaves drooping even after watering with nutes.

• Thread starter iGemini365
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iGemini365

I watered on the 4/9 with half strength nutes ff grow, grow big, and ca mag when I got back from a trip and then again on 4/13 because the soil was dry down to my knuckle and was also separating from the sides of the grow bag. I went full strength with the nutes that time. I didn’t notice it perking up at all after the first watering. Nor after this most recent time. I don’t measure the amount like I know I should.. I just water it until I start seeing runoff come out of the bottom of the grow bag and then I stop.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
I watered on the 4/9 with half strength nutes ff grow, grow big, and ca mag when I got back from a trip and then again on 4/13 because the soil was dry down to my knuckle and was also separating from the sides of the grow bag. I went full strength with the nutes that time. I didn’t notice it perking up at all after the first watering. Nor after this most recent time. I don’t measure the amount like I know I should.. I just water it until I start seeing runoff come out of the bottom of the grow bag and then I stop.
I almost always go under the FF recommended dosages. Personally I feel the amounts they recommend are leaning to the side of “make the customer use a little more than need” so they can move em’

I will usually not break 75% of the recommended dosage even with a larger plant. It may do nothing but I feel my canopy shows more vibrancy and only minimal tip burn since I’m almost adding non FF nutes as well

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

So you havent watered since the 13th?
What size bag is she in?

I

iGemini365

Lights on is 78-79 degrees Fahrenheit with and RH of 70% and lights off is 71 and RH is 65%. Bag is still on the heavier side. Not too terribly heavy but soil definitely hasn’t dried back enough yet imo.

I

iGemini365

Alright, should I make this change right now while she’s in her dark cycle? Or make it once light turn back on? Also do you recommend I keep RH at 55% even when temps rise back up to 78-79?

I

iGemini365

I think I might need to do a flush because 4/9 is when I watered for the very first time with nutes and they were half strength. By that following Tuesday 4/11 it started dropping and looking like that. Would that be smart? Also read up something about aminopyralid? Anyone ever dealt with that? I’m using ffof soil

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I think I might need to do a flush because 4/9 is when I watered for the very first time with nutes and they were half strength. By that following Tuesday 4/11 it started dropping and looking like that. Would that be smart? Also read up something about aminopyralid? Anyone ever dealt with that? I’m using ffof soil
geezus your killing your plant, leave it alone..
get your humidity down to 50-55..
that bag sitting in any amount of runoff?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Dont flush. That plant is nice and healthy aside from being overwatered.

Just let it be for a couple days.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

When plants are overwatered they almost stop taking in water and nutrients. It can take 7+ days for a pot to dry out enough.

To give you an example I recently over watered a 16” plant in a 3 gallon bag. It took 6 days to dry out enough to water again. It was 80 degrees low humidity in the sun 1/2 the day.

Go by weight of the pot and only water when it’s very light, like it’s filled with styrofoam. For this plant wait until you see a leaf or two perk up, then wait longer for the perked up ones to wilt again. Feel how light the pot is, weight it if you like. Ok you can water again. Don’t water it until it’s just a couple ounces heavier than earlier.

Observationist

Observationist

Stems up and curvy?

Those ridgy leafs, filled with water.

Soil SOIL?

Overwatered.

Add more perlite if you want to water it so much, lol.

/ slightly better growth rate, more oxygen to the roots.

Observationist

Observationist

I’ll bump it down to 70% rh. I have been following the vpd chart and have been staying within the green range. How long would you recommend I wait to let it dry back before next watering? This next feed, I’m also going to go full strength with the nutes as going half strength didn’t seem to do anything(tips of leaves still yellow/brown).
Your right, according to this VPD chart, I am wrong.

It just doesn't sound right.

75rh a little high at 79f
So i don't know, besides plants response.

Screenshot 20230416 204216
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Your right, according to this VPD chart, I am wrong.

It just doesn't sound right.

So i don't know, besides plants response.
This right here is why i stopped beating my head against the wall chasing vpd.
Its doesnt fucking make sense to me. They say 77-80 degrees is fine, but youd have to run 70-75% humidity and that just sounds damn dangerous. Idk though, hence why i dont care about it anymore lol.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Update, they haven’t perked up at all. Here is a picture from yesterday. It looks the exact same today. The leaves started looking ridgy like that as well. She still looks green and healthy so I don’t think I have a problem with pests or nutrients. I fed as you guys know. If it’s pests, I have neem. There’s nothing on my sticky traps either that are hanging in the air. I did see one ant on a leaf this morning and then check the plant very thoroughly along with the tent and soil and haven’t seen anymore. I sprinkled cinnamon around the base of the runoff saucer for prevention. I have a 3x3x5 tent. I have a passive air intake setup. I have an aci cloud line t4 and aci auto oscillating fan. My exhaust fan runs on 6 every 3 mins for 1 min at a time. I have the pot raised about and inch above the saucer because roots are growing out of the bottom(I know that’s normal). Idk what’s going on?? Im starting to worry it’s going to wilt and die. Maybe I have fungus gnat larvae in the soil?? I highly doubt it because the very first gnat I saw(weeks ago) I immediately sprayed neem on the top of the soil pretty heavy and then watered a little bit and then got sticky traps and haven’t seen anything since. I even sprayed about a week after that as a light foliar spray just to be on the safe side. Im reading 606 ppfd as well so I don’t think light is the issue. This is an auto and im currently on week 6 since it broke soil. Maybe I’m in early flower and need to increase the light intensity?? I’m just stumped at this point and can’t seem to pinpoint what’s going on?
If all else has failed, try repotting her, bust up all the dirt around the ball and wriggle your way into it and loosen it up a bunch. You may be rootbound. Give it fresh soil and water lightly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom