Leaves dying, dried and curled down . . .

• Thread starter redeye_samurai
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redeye_samurai

Ok so I have four different strains going this is my first hydro and I'm 6 weeks in....
My strains are vortex, jilly bean, Apollo 13, and powerplant, I use a 1000w hps on a mover, in a e&f with advanced nutrients pro level nutes I keep the ph between 5.3-5.8 and try to keep temp at 70f....

So everything was looking great until 2 things happened 1st I was adding my nutes and realized I was short 50ml of the base about 10% so I figured it would be ok if it went like that for the night then in the morn id get the rest and top it off. (probably not the best choice I now know) so in between me filling my resivor and topping off the base my vacuum break got plugged so I think because my buckets overflowed some solution how much I'm not exactly sure. Here's where my first big oh no is I added the missing nutes not even considering that I lost water from the overflow so I burned them by doing this as soon as I figured out what I did I added quite a few gallons of h20 to my res to dilute it.

The 2nd thing that happened is we lost power for 12hours while I was gone so my plants sat in the dark with no water cycling for an extra 12hrs. I got a generator and got everything going ASAP

So now here's what I'm dealing with... On my jilly bean and powerplant the leaves are curling under and drying out until crispy I want to say from top to bottom one cola is even dried at the top but the buds lower seem ok ill get pics when I can but any help now is very appreciated.

I know on the first issue where I messed up the other I'm not sure any help or advice or even what I should have done differently is helpful thanks.

basically what should I do now and what should I had done?

R

redeye_samurai

If any mods see this and feel its in the wrong spot feel free to move to correct area... Should I flush with just water or just change the resivor over again

N

NHarmsway

Ok so I have four different strains going this is my first hydro and I'm 6 weeks in....
My strains are vortex, jilly bean, Apollo 13, and powerplant, I use a 1000w hps on a mover, in a e&f with advanced nutrients pro level nutes I keep the ph between 5.3-5.8 and try to keep temp at 70f....

So everything was looking great until 2 things happened 1st I was adding my nutes and realized I was short 50ml of the base about 10% so I figured it would be ok if it went like that for the night then in the morn id get the rest and top it off. (probably not the best choice I now know) so in between me filling my resivor and topping off the base my vacuum break got plugged so I think because my buckets overflowed some solution how much I'm not exactly sure. Here's where my first big oh no is I added the missing nutes not even considering that I lost water from the overflow so I burned them by doing this as soon as I figured out what I did I added quite a few gallons of h20 to my res to dilute it.

The 2nd thing that happened is we lost power for 12hours while I was gone so my plants sat in the dark with no water cycling for an extra 12hrs. I got a generator and got everything going ASAP

So now here's what I'm dealing with... On my jilly bean and powerplant the leaves are curling under and drying out until crispy I want to say from top to bottom one cola is even dried at the top but the buds lower seem ok ill get pics when I can but any help now is very appreciated.

I know on the first issue where I messed up the other I'm not sure any help or advice or even what I should have done differently is helpful thanks.

basically what should I do now and what should I had done?
Your ph is a little low ..it should b between5.4-6.4 closer to the 6.4 that should help and your temp is low to should b 76 degrees

If any mods see this and feel its in the wrong spot feel free to move to correct area... Should I flush with just water or just change the resivor over again
you should always use just plain water to flush and flush for at least 7 days

R

redeye_samurai

I was referring to flushing after I burned them or just change it back to a correct nute solution...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read for hydro the ph should be from 5.3-5.9 and my advanced nutrients says maintain 5.5-5.8

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You're correct, samurai. I think you very well may have burned them when adding back the nutrients. Remember forever going forward from here; low and slow when making changes, especially increasing nutrients. However, it's just as likely that they dried out when the power went out. Did the roots go dry, or what?

I can't be more specific to your situation because I've never used those nutrients before and I'm not quite sure exactly what you mean when you say "hydro".

R

redeye_samurai

By hydro I just meant that I read for hydroponics 5.3-5.9 is a good range and for soil around 6.4 or something like that not really sure on the soil since I'm not doing it.

And ya I'm sure they got pretty dry... It was real late by the time I had everything up and going so I just made sure all the necessities were running and went to bed, so I didn't actually see myself

Top Bottom