LEAVES DYING

• Thread starter Adamf5692
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Adamf5692

Adamf5692

Hello, for the past week I’ve noticed the bottom portion of my leaves and stems are fading away and dying. What might the issue be? The new vegetation on the top is flourishing, so I have reason for concern, I tested my pH and it wast at 6.9

Leaves dying
Leaves dying 2
Leaves dying 3
Leaves dying 4
Leaves dying 5
Leaves dying 6
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Are you feeding? I think u need to flush out your plants and give a few days to recover, sometimes if overfeeding salts and other crap build up in soil, prune off the really burned leaves, flush plant and give a few days to recover, prune away the dead leaves, check ph, and go easy on nutrients.

Adamf5692

Adamf5692

This has been on going, pH is
Are you feeding? I think u need to flush out your plants and give a few days to recover, sometimes if overfeeding salts and other crap build up in soil, prune off the really burned leaves, flush plant and give a few days to recover, prune away the dead leaves, check ph, and go easy on nutrients.
this has been ongoing for a couple months. I am not feeding, ph is at 6.9.
Recommendations on how to flush?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I can't tell if you are using peat moss or a bagged soil, but it does not look like you used potting soil; did you buy top soil and put it in those containers? As @Beachwalker already stated your medium is far too wet, there is nothing in there, like perlite or clay pebbles, providing air spaces for you roots. This is going to constantly be a source of problems for you if you do not correct it. Yes that likely means pulling your plants out of the soil they are in and putting fresh, properly aerated soil in there.

The other piece of what is going in is that section of the plant is not getting enough light or air so it is killing off those portions that will only sap it of energy needed to produce budding sites that will get good air flow and light.

Adamf5692

Adamf5692

I can't tell if you are using peat moss or a bagged soil, but it does not look like you used potting soil; did you buy top soil and put it in those containers? As @Beachwalker already stated your medium is far too wet, there is nothing in there, like perlite or clay pebbles, providing air spaces for you roots. This is going to constantly be a source of problems for you if you do not correct it. Yes that likely means pulling your plants out of the soil they are in and putting fresh, properly aerated soil in there.

The other piece of what is going in is that section of the plant is not getting enough light or air so it is killing off those portions that will only sap it of energy needed to produce budding sites that will get good air flow and light.
I figured it was a lighting issue, I just transferred them into those bigger pots and used fresh potting soil. I only use potting soil.

Adamf5692

Adamf5692

PH is too high for soil & soil is staying too wet, needs perlite. Do you have drain holes in the bottom of those tubs?
Yes I have a lot of drain holes, I haven’t added any nutes or food, just water and used potting soil

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I figured it was a lighting issue, I just transferred them into those bigger pots and used fresh potting soil. I only use potting soil.
What brand of potting soil are you using? It looks like it has very little drainage and will retain moisture far too long. I see no perlite, which is a staple of commercially available potting soils.

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom