Leaves Getting Brown Dots.

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

I understand the PPM but I have to check out the EC. I will take a look at that post but thank you

mikeb437

mikeb437

You said you're in DWC...
Very simple, with great results. Just get GH Micro, and bloom, along with cal mag.
Add 8 ml micro, 16 ml bloom, and 1 ml calman. It will put your ph at 5.7-5.9, and all the nutes you need. Look up Lucas formula. I add 1 ml cal mah, as some strains will need it.
Also make sure your water temps stay under 70. 67 is about perfect.
Water at 65 will hold 10x's as much O2 than at 75.
It will also prevent root rot. You do not want that. Flush the last 10 days. You can cut micro to 4 ml after at week 5 for some nice colors.
Being your 1st, this is by far the easiest method. I always use tap water, but if you have very hard tap, go to Ro

I am having ph concerns. I am adding fresh water every other day rather than just adding and I put in my notes right away and then I check the pH. I try to keep it around 5.7 or 5.8. After I let it sit for a day the pH usually goes way up to 6.3 or 6.4. Is there something I need to be doing or is there something I’m not doing correctly? I am adding some pH down to the water when I see it up that high

Toaster79

Toaster79

How does your ppm reading correlate to the rise of your pH.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I read the article. I do have a ppm meter and i check that daily. It does not check ec though so i cant do the conversion on my own. I’m not still entirely sure if I’m getting this absorbed. This weed growing is getting very complicated it seems
Your ppm meter reads ec and multiplies it with a conversion factor between .5 to .7 to give you a ppm reading.
Your specific brand of tds meter will have a specific conversion factor, if you find that out, you can divide the ppm reading by your conversion factor (at least thats what i understood) and get the ec value which your meter reads anyway.
As written in the article the meter measures ec and not ppm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom