Leaves go Yellow and Eventually Die

• Thread starter iParkos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iParkos

Having some yellowing leaves that happened to all 4 of my plants at virtually the same day. The only change made before symptoms showed was I lowered and increased light. Using Tiger Bloom, CalMag, and a PH Down. I believe I had the same issue with my last grow but only on 2 out of 4 plants, different strain. Soil is a mix of potting soil, additional perlite, and peat moss I believe. I’m not worried about fixing it since harvest is about 2 weeks out but would like to prevent it next grow.
Leaves go yellow and eventually die

Beginning stage
Leaves go yellow and eventually die 2

Middle stage
Leaves go yellow and eventually die 3

End stage

H

hilbert

Totally normal. If you don't do a ton of defoliating, you will notice that as you get to harvest, you will start seeing the leaves coloring up. This is normal.

I

iParkos

I understand the purple or darkening. Is it safe to assume this starts happening 4 weeks into flower, half way, or can this be prevented? Is this a direct result of extra foliation that could/should be trimmed earlier?

Z

Zill

Nope. It’s an annual plant and once flowering commences the plant begins to prepare for toe tag time. It’s part of an annual plant life cycle and genetics. Although I’ve been impressed with some pics that have been posted in late flower. Tell you what some guys got it nailed.

Your plants also look pretty down good.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you can see a calcium deficiency has come and passed,.
are the actual buds purple? or just the leaves as you may of had a phosphorus deficiency as well,..
a nitrogen deficiency is ok at this time,.

I

iParkos

you can see a calcium deficiency has come and passed,.
are the actual buds purple? or just the leaves as you may of had a phosphorus deficiency as well,..
a nitrogen deficiency is ok at this time,.
I was thinking it was a magnesium deficiency so I had doubled up on that during feeding for about a week. I would say so far it is only leaves turning purple. I believe my soil is a root cause of problems and have in hand Ocean Forest for the next grow.

Newty

Newty

I was thinking it was a magnesium deficiency so I had doubled up on that during feeding for about a week. I would say so far it is only leaves turning purple. I believe my soil is a root cause of problems and have in hand Ocean Forest for the next grow.
You could save some money and do a 50/50 mix of Happy Frog and Ocean Forest at transplant.
I recommend 100% Happy Frog for seedlings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom