Leaves not fully developing and some other issues..

• Thread starter Botanikos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Botanikos

Botanikos

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Seed

2. How old are your plants?
34 days

3. How tall are your plants?
1'
4. What size containers are they planted in?
3 gal airpots and 3 gal grow bags

5. What is your soil mix?
Roots Organic, NPK 0-5-4

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
3x/wk and Filtered

7. What is the pH of your water?

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
FoxFarm Big Bloom .01-0.3-0.7 (half strength)

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
Calcarb 1/wk

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
T-5 Fluroresent

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
1'

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
77 F and 80%

14. What is the pH of the soil?

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
small flyers stuck to the fly paper

16. How much experience do you have growing?
indoors - none
out - 1 year

I also use root maximizers and once in a while calmag

Strains: Himalayan Gold, Lemon Skunk, Big Bud#2 and Sour Kush

HG's are doing ok (strong stems and good leaf growth)
LS has clawing in old growth, so I did a flush and has a little bit of clawing starting to develop
1 BB seems to have some stunting of growth and weak stems

common issues: edge burn and some undeveloped leaves

Maybe a lack of N but I'm no expert

Pics coming soon...

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I can tell you one thing, that RH is too high, right now my grow space fluctuates from 50-60% RH with occasional spikes up to 70%. In the winter time it ranges from 35-45% with spikes up to 60%, 80% is not good for your plants. Very hard to say exactly what it is without pics, but based on the info you gave my guess would be a nutrient deficiency because the nutes in your soil probably already got used up and Big Bloom is a micro-nutrient solution and it doesn't have enough NPK to sustain a plant through it's life cycle. If you like Fox Farm products get some Grow Big (6-4-4) for veg and Tiger Bloom (2-8-4) for bloom. Big Bloom (.01-.3-.7) is a supplement and when you compare it to GB and TB, you can see it has less then 1% of all 3 macro nutes, so get something high in P and K (if there in bloom cycle) and lower that RH, good luck.

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

Please provide pics if possible, that would help out greatly ;) and I believe you need slightly stronger nutes just as Lex stated above. High Rh is better for a little after the seeds poke through the soil and for rooting clones. Your rh should drop when the plants reach about 6 inches to 8 inches high.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I don't usually fertilize my seeds for at least 30 days or until they have a few sets of established leaves. And only water once a week.You might be giving them to much too fast. Feeding them to much to quick will stunt there growth or at least slow there growth.

Chobble

Chobble

I don't usually fertilize my seeds for at least 30 days or until they have a few sets of established leaves. And only water once a week.You might be giving them to much too fast. Feeding them to much to quick will stunt there growth or at least slow there growth.

You can also damage the new root system. Pictures are really whats needed though, Post some up and we can really start helping you.

Chobble

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

His plants are over 4 weeks and he didn't feed anything except Big Bloom, which has almost nothing in it NPK wise. I don't think he'll damage the root system or slow there growth if he feeds a normal veg or bloom nutrient at half strength, right??

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

His plants are over 4 weeks and he didn't feed anything except Big Bloom, which has almost nothing in it NPK wise. I don't think he'll damage the root system or slow there growth if he feeds a normal veg or bloom nutrient at half strength, right??

They will tell you you when they are hungry. Until they show signs of needing food you are throwing the dice feeding them.
If they do not eat the nutrients because they are still feeding on stored nutrients. Then you will burn the roots or at the least you will make them droop and slow there growth. I just popped quite a few seeds and got some beautiful moms so i just finished.

Some of my seeds came out with underdeveloped leaves and weird growth (leaves on one side normal the other extremely small.. All due to genetics if this is the case I killed them.
Not every seed is a winner.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

They will tell you you when they are hungry. Until they show signs of needing food you are throwing the dice feeding them.
If they do not eat the nutrients because they are still feeding on stored nutrients. Then you will burn the roots or at the least you will make them droop and slow there growth. I just popped quite a few seeds and got some beautiful moms so i just finished.

Some of my seeds came out with underdeveloped leaves and weird growth (leaves on one side normal the other extremely small.. All due to genetics if this is the case I killed them.
Not every seed is a winner.

We need pics, bottom line. It's almost impossible to know whats wrong with his plants without seeing them. From what he said he barely feeds his plants thats why I suggested he use a regular feeding schedule. I don't know why Botanikos hasn't replied to any of our comments but all of us have great ideas and anyone of us could be right. We won't know until he posts some pictures.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Just trying to help a brother out just in case pictures never come.

Botanikos

Botanikos

sorry for the delay but there are the pics, sorry that some are blurry it wouldn't focus on the leaves.

P6170397
P6170395
P6170394
P6170389
P6170387
P6170386
P6170385
P6170381
P6170382
Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

They look nice to me .
The rips n the leaves could be just wind damage from a fan .
I would feed them regular strength of a complete veg nutrient they are plenty big.
I would recommend lower ph maybe 6.3-6.5 and full dose of nutrients they will be fine.
Also fox farm is hard to use for a beginner if you don't use it just right it sucks IMO.
If you want better pictures turn the lights out and use the flash it will focus on the leaves better.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

From the pics you shown I think you are being paranoid. There is not anything wrong with your plants. A couple things here or there but its not like you got an entire plant thats suffering, its just 2 or 3 leaves on each plant which is normal. 95% of the time you are not going to have perfect leaves on every single plant. Like me and Bubblehaze said feed your plants a primary nutrient solution for veg and bloom and they will be fine.

Botanikos

Botanikos

The Claws on some of those are a concern, all I could find are N deficiency. Last two pics show it, but the tops starting to seem like they're starting to claw. Thanks for the advice, never had this happen with an outdoor grow, glad it'd just me being paranoid.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

FWIW I had the same claw for the past 2 weeks and I watered with plain h2o today, hopefully it goes away. Even with the claw I am still getting relatively great growth. Your plants look good and they should be fine.

skuzz99

skuzz99

they look pretty damed good 2 me! the claws mite be a problem but dont seem 2 bad...

Top Bottom