leaves pointing up day after feeding?

• Thread starter Buddha Mark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I
Not sure.. 83deg is the room temp.. Also, today after work I checked my plant, and most of the bigger fan leaves are like... Facing the same direction...? I think it might be because of the light that's reflected from the wall.. Not sure though :/ is it possible to give her too much light? Is 6, 100w cfl overkill for a month old plant?
I don't think it's the light b'cuz That's not much light.. I've begged under a 1000 watt hps after they rooted under a T5. I think the coco has gotten hella salty. I'd flush now even tho the coco is wet..

B

Buddha Mark

Yeah? Probably not gonna hurt it anymore than it is already :/ I'll run a few gallons of phd water and see what she does

B

Buddha Mark

Decided to flush with r/o instead of tap.. I put 5 gallons through, the ppm of the last gallon was 175 so not too bad compared to 1500 I guess. How long do you think I should I wait before the next water? How long should I wait before I attempt to feed again? I probably should've mentioned that the first feed was at 1/4 recommended strength.. The second feed (6 days later) was at 1/2... And the third(another 6 days) was at 100%... I was really unsure on how to begin feeding so I just went crazy lol.

B

Buddha Mark

These are some of my more damaged leaves :( hopefully I won't have to chop em
20130613 195827
20130613 195805

catdaddy

catdaddy

Not sure.. 83deg is the room temp.. Also, today after work I checked my plant, and most of the bigger fan leaves are like... Facing the same direction...? I think it might be because of the light that's reflected from the wall.. Not sure though :/ is it possible to give her too much light? Is 6, 100w cfl overkill for a month old plant?
i would suggest shutting down 3 of those lights, you'd be surprise how much heat those things put out.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I usually water my coco when the top layer drys out but the rest is still a bit moist.. I never let my coco fully dry out b'cuz that's even salt builds up.. Juss stay at 1/4 strength & only give more food when the plant starts 2 yellow..

B

Buddha Mark

Fed her last night for the first time after flushing, 1/4 str on everything, runoff is at 350ppm. The newgrowth looks beautiful and is coming in quick! I topped her today at 15 inches, so in a few weeks im hoping to start flowering.20130617 063337 20130615 163710 20130618 171219

click80

click80

When your ppms are that high as indicated by what you said you were feeding it and from your runoff ppms, the plants fluids were also high ppms and basically you are cooking the leaf from the inside out, even under CFL's. Osmosis works (if you don't already know) by ions migrating from the area of higher concentration to the area with lower. I think they call it a gradient. When you pump it up past a certain point you are pushing nutes into the plant whether it needs it or not. I never pay attention to nute directions except as a very general guide. I always take age of plant, light concentration, humidity and air into consideration. Also, I think that when the leaf fringe starts curling up on the edge that this is a signal the plant is trying really hard to cool itself down, in other words it's transpiring too much. Usually a sign of too low humidity, too hot, or any combination of factors that would make it too hot. In my opinion.

You know there is a method of fertilizing that I used when I first started in Coco and soilless that is called something like "let it rain". It is basically watering with plain ph's water, with cal mag if using RO. About 8 hours, give or take, after giving it a really good watering and the plant is fully hydrated, you go ahead and apply your nutes. This worked very well for me and helps prevent salt buildups. After a really good watering the plants roots are really happy and are actively growing and are at an optimum to receive and process nutes. Just something to consider.

It sounds like you got it licked. Good going. Have an awesome grow :)

B

Buddha Mark

Thank you! I think I will give that a shot next.feed and see how she reacts.. Do you have any suggestions on flowering? What I mean by that is, should I wait until my play.u repairs the already-damaged leaves, or will it make a difference? Right now the stalk of the play.t is growing tons of leaves and bushing.. Would waiting a few weeks make a better yield? I want to start flowering but I feel like waiting until it's a bush would be better.. Any thoughts? :)
20130620 171709

click80

click80

Thank you! I think I will give that a shot next.feed and see how she reacts.. Do you have any suggestions on flowering? What I mean by that is, should I wait until my play.u repairs the already-damaged leaves, or will it make a difference? Right now the stalk of the play.t is growing tons of leaves and bushing.. Would waiting a few weeks make a better yield? I want to start flowering but I feel like waiting until it's a bush would be better.. Any thoughts? :)View attachment 322426

Def let it get over any stress, although it sounds like it's well on the way. You can't ever go wrong giving it a little extra veg as long as it doesn't outgrow your growspace. Plus, my biggest screwup when I was first starting was overnuting. With CFLs you should never have to push the ppms too much. I would also recommend Caps bennies. He has his own mix and they are just righteous. If you follow his directions for making them into a tea they work even better. He is an approved vendor and has a subforum under Nutrients and Fertilizers. I have been using his stuff for well over a year and never do a grow without. Especially in coco, if you can afford them, you can't go wrong giving them a try. You will have the biggest whitest furriest roots imaginable. I was a fan of Great White until I gave his a try, like I said now I can't imagine doing a grow without.

B

Buddha Mark

So I think I effed my plant... I had a friend over last time I fed her and he convinced me to two more lights... So I did. I forgot that the extension cord I used was not on a time, so the plants have had 1 2700cfl and 1 5000cfl for 24hrs(since Monday night) and the other 6 are on 18/6..

yesterday I noticed what I thought to be female flowers starting but it didn't hit until last night that the 24 hour light might have cause it to begin flowering.. So I moved her into her flower setup last night..

Will my plant be okay? :s

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

it'll be fine man, light problems are problems when they occur in flower. veg plants it won't bother, unless you give it less light

click80

click80

Sure it will be fine. I know the books warn you about light cycle, but I have screwed up plenty of times with no ill effects. You just don't want to bounce it around too much. If you read up on how the plant knows when to veg and when to flower you will get a better feel for it. During light hours the plant produces certain hormones, one in particular, during nighttime a different one is also produced. So there is an ongoing balance of one hormone to the other. Once that balance shifts toward more of 50/50 balance of the two, then flowering is induced. Some people have had some success in manipulating light periods but to me the gains were not worth the pain in my ass that it was. I prefer an orderly system and not worry about tweaking every last gram out of a plant. Makes growing more like work than fun. I found that once I quit being so uptight about everything, my yield increased. I get, with plain old organic nutes and compost teas, over 1 lb a light. So, I am happy. I wish I had learned that lesson 4 years ago.

B

Buddha Mark

The day I moved her to flower, I was able to get a good clone, has been alive for 2 days now.. Still really green. Thank you guys for all the info/help. Click, do you have any you would recommend? Im not sure if it's fem yet, but it still looks beautiful :) it's taken very well to the 12/12 and the leaves seem really happy

Max Frost

Max Frost

The day I moved her to flower, I was able to get a good clone, has been alive for 2 days now.. Still really green. Thank you guys for all the info/help. Click, do you have any you would recommend? Im not sure if it's fem yet, but it still looks beautiful :) it's taken very well to the 12/12 and the leaves seem really happy

Sorry bro...looks male to me.

Best,

Max :wacky:

Top Bottom