Leaves started drooping this morning after watering (day 11)

• Thread starter weednshrooms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weednshrooms

weednshrooms

First grow. I’m guessing I’m overwatering them because I can’t help myself 😬😭😂?!

I’ve lightly aerated the soil with some kebab skewers and poked more holes around the sides and bottoms of the pots. I’ve been watering every other day but I’m gonna go every three days and see how they do.

- Soil (happy frog) has a good amount of volcanic pumice and seems to drain well.
- RO water with about 25ppm being used
- 18-6 light schedule spider farmer sf2000 lights at 30” 60% power
- 55% Rh
- Temps 74 during the day, 68 at night

Thinking about leaving the lights on tonight to help dry things out and get more oxygen to the roots. Is this a bad idea for a short term fix?

Any other suggestions?

Leaves started drooping this morning after watering day 11
weednshrooms

weednshrooms

Yeah I think you’re probably right about the lights. I’ve seen two guides for the sf2000 - one said 30” during this phase and the other said 24” or 25” (at least I think I remember that lol). So I’ll probably bump them down closer to the 24” range especially now that the plants are a little too wet.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah I think you’re probably right about the lights. I’ve seen two guides for the sf2000 - one said 30” during this phase and the other said 24” or 25” (at least I think I remember that lol). So I’ll probably bump them down closer to the 24” range especially now that the plants are a little too wet.
ambient temps above 80 will cause stretching also in seedlings..
even a too hot root zone..

weednshrooms

weednshrooms

ambient temps above 80 will cause stretching also in seedlings..
even a too hot root zone..

Thanks that’s good to know - I’ll keep an eye on temps to see if lowering the lights requires any more ventilation / cooling

weednshrooms

weednshrooms

This pic was taken just now. Still drooping and I don’t notice any improvement from yesterday morning’s initial droop. If the problem was overwatering, will the soil need to completely dry out before I see improvement?

Should I wait longer than the three days I was initially planning on waiting before I water again? Or do I risk further damage to the plant by letting the soil get too dry (I imagine by tomorrow morning the soil will be pretty dry, which will be 48 hrs from last watering)

0C2DBD64 3BFF 4BA3 B163 0FB33E0C4A9C
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

This pic was taken just now. Still drooping and I don’t notice any improvement from yesterday morning’s initial droop. If the problem was overwatering, will the soil need to completely dry out before I see improvement?

Should I wait longer than the three days I was initially planning on waiting before I water again? Or do I risk further damage to the plant by letting the soil get too dry (I imagine by tomorrow morning the soil will be pretty dry, which will be 48 hrs from last watering)

You can wait longer before watering, just wait until they feel light, drier than normal(unless organic, don't let it dry out too much), we also had th noobie error of overwatering with low temps (if you can... raise temps, they'll love it, a heater in our room for an hour raised temps to 31c 😅, kept the room warm for th next 2days, still sitting at 26c)

SwiftStixx

SwiftStixx

Yes overwatering, just watch for mold due to added humidity to the air.

Your adjustment should work. At that stage in my time I do not provide much water to allow the plant to stress a bit pushing through the roots. Let them dry up in the soil. Take a toothpick and dig a little top off to see the undersoil As the top will dry faster than inner. When the inner becomes dry, your ready for next feeding. Don’t dig, you don’t want to hit roots.

Light should be 12-18 inches away from top of plant and you fist 👊🏽 half way between light and plant should not cause you discomfort or the light is too intense.

In my time it’s been better to underwater than to overwater as the plant can do good from a little stress and help produce more to the bud sites down the line. Be a little patient also, adjustments to soil in feeding are about a 1-2 week delay at times in visual. So what you did may have been what you’ve done in the past or last2 feedings and not “now” at times. Nutrient issues are the culprit here typically, bugs and mold also. But light issues are constant and you’ll notice all other adjustments aren’t correcting main issues, but maybe the lighting is just not adequate or proper for the plant or space.

-Swift

weednshrooms

weednshrooms

Still haven’t watered them but some are turning a light green color. None of the leaves are perking back up. Any thoughts? Did they pass the point of no return?

720B18A1 0A25 434A 86E7 837341EF2F7A
5DE6C70C A9BE 4429 A8AA 15D3DBF481EF
154EF626 91D8 4E37 89F3 61EB8FC23BBF
freestatefarmer

freestatefarmer

I don't see them being past the point. They look thirsty to me. How long since you last watered?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
they are doing better!
not much seems to be happening above because roots are growing and building structure to grow on..
things are good!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
no nutrients yet!
not until the two small cotyledon leaves start to yellow and die off, a sign that the nutrients in the seed to start life has been used up..
i just fed mine for the first time, photo..
it’s ok to give a mineral/vitamin supplement for root growth.. i gave mine 1 ml per gallon of liquid karma.. than today i added 1.25 ml of pro blend veg with the karma..

92A64F47 2461 469A A0C2 04E45FC4DE75
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Three days ago I watered them and they started drooping right afterwards.
the pots are light feeling empty?
are there air holes in the bottom?
you can have a fan slightly blowing underneath to help with drying out?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
poke some holes in the lower sides, you’ll be good you won’t hurt anything..

weednshrooms

weednshrooms

it’s time for a watering as @freestatefarmer mentioned

The pots were very light, soil was completely dry. so dry that when I watered them just now the water would slide right through without even being absorbed by the soil. So I poked some small holes in the soil with my skewer and slowly moistened up the soil until it held water. Then I watered until I got a couple small drops of water dripping out of the bottom of the holes that I poked last time. I'll look into that liquid karma - I'm sure my plants will need all the help I can give them lol.

weednshrooms

weednshrooms

poke some holes in the lower sides, you’ll be good you won’t hurt anything..

I have holes poked all around the sides (on the bottom half) and a handful of holes poked through the bottom. I added these holes last time after the overwatering. Previously I just had the big round hole in the center that came with the pot along with two slits I cut around the bottom edge opposite each other.

Top Bottom