Leaves started drooping this morning after watering (day 11)

• Thread starter weednshrooms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The pots were very light, soil was completely dry. so dry that when I watered them just now the water would slide right through without even being absorbed by the soil. So I poked some small holes in the soil with my skewer and slowly moistened up the soil until it held water. Then I watered until I got a couple small drops of water dripping out of the bottom of the holes that I poked last time. I'll look into that liquid karma - I'm sure my plants will need all the help I can give them lol.
ok, hope you didn’t water too much again, can you place a fan that will blow air around the holes in the bottom of the cups?, obviously will help out in drying out..
personally you don’t need to get run off for seedlings, just water enough that you to keep her alive? hard to describe but you can always add more later, side on less for a bit till she’s bigger and stronger..
well for me i never water to run off during the whole grow, that’s not advice to you..

weednshrooms

weednshrooms

ok, hope you didn’t water too much again, can you place a fan that will blow air around the holes in the bottom of the cups?, obviously will help out in drying out..
personally you don’t need to get run off for seedlings, just water enough that you to keep her alive? hard to describe but you can always add more later, side on less for a bit till she’s bigger and stronger..
well for me i never water to run off during the whole grow, that’s not advice to you..

Yeah I got a fan above and below now, and the pots are sitting on rock now as well. I was thinking the same thing when I watered... "like shit I didn't even check to see if I need to change how I'm watering". Considering the last watering was completely dry by the 72nd hr I figured a full watering would give me the right timing, but are you saying the entire medium doesn't need to be remoistened with each watering? Just the top or center?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah I got a fan above and below now, and the pots are sitting on rock now as well. I was thinking the same thing when I watered... "like shit I didn't even check to see if I need to change how I'm watering". Considering the last watering was completely dry by the 72nd hr I figured a full watering would give me the right timing, but are you saying the entire medium doesn't need to be remoistened with each watering? Just the top or center?
well no, just roots on the seedling are small and fine.. you’ll get better as you go.
they grow in search of food/water..
maybe next time just go slow and water enough to just cover the surface than wait 5 minutes for gravity to pull the water down, and pick up the cup, check weight, might be good? maybe a little more..
your learning and mistakes are going to happen, that’s how you learn, your goal is try to get to the finish line by making all these mistakes or by accidentally getting wrong advice..
if they are not lying down dead than your good! you should be learning more about yourself right now as in how motherly you want to be..
less attention from you and she’ll be fine..

weednshrooms

weednshrooms

Just wanted to update all of y’all that helped. I had to leave town and was left with one survivor. I’m slowly getting the hang of watering and have learned a lot on this first go. Thanks everyone for the help and wish me luck as I take it through flower

8EB9931D 2AB6 40D0 9117 A66096CBAA85
weednshrooms

weednshrooms

Any idea what’s causing these tips to turn yellow and curl downward just a little bit?

temp is about 78, 45%rh, ro water that’s been the same all grow

I got another compost tea ready for feeding today (it’s been about 10 days since the last). Is this nutrient burn? Should I hold off? Deficiency?

0CF9563E A69A 4C74 A729 6BA99E40921A
12EDEB5E B605 4E38 A7DA 60FB17F87D19
weednshrooms

weednshrooms

I did see a pic that made me think it could be light stress too. The plants grew to about 10” from the light (at 100%), so I pulled the light up to about 14” a few days ago. If it is light stress will those yellow tips go away or just not get worse after correcting?

Kissing.mary

Kissing.mary

Those light are super efficient,-- the plant look fine but the droopiness doesn't go away it might be the light are too powerful.... the idea is to have the light just about the distance and intensity for the plant to want to stretch into the light.... intense light in early stages is fine but dwarfs the leaves and plant slighty.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I did see a pic that made me think it could be light stress too. The plants grew to about 10” from the light (at 100%), so I pulled the light up to about 14” a few days ago. If it is light stress will those yellow tips go away or just not get worse after correcting?
no, never really does anything repair itself, a taped up broken stem will heal itself but leaves no.. as you’ve googled just watch for the other signs too,
raise up the light until you know better

Latest posts

Top Bottom