Leaves suddenly changed, not sure if bugs, nutrients, or ph.

• Thread starter cannabiscreep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannabiscreep

cannabiscreep

Leaves suddenly changed not sure if bugs nutrients or ph

This showed up first on my tallest plant first, about a month from seed. It has shown up on some leaves of the other 3 plants but maybe on just one leaf or two, and no where as severe as the picture.

I have been using dr. Zymes once a week just in case I had some bugs in the dirt.I have been using a SF2000 at about 75% power and the lux is 35-40k.

Water Ph to 6.5 , foxfarms ocean forest and happy frog blend, Grow Big normal strength feeding with watering.

My ph meter did need a new probe, so it could be ph fluctuations maybe? ( yes I replaced the probe)

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

looks harsh,
Aqua is the man he will set you straight, but with a little more info we could really cut the chase!!!!

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Under water, over water? Its funny how to two can look alike isnt it? I tend to water the heck outta them if they look like that and see how they react do a tester. But the soil looks rather moist...A pic of the whole plant would help a lot as well

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
like too much watering constantly around the stem area causing some suffocation to the roots.. though the plant is big enough to be fully watered and than be allowed to dry completely..
need better pictures too..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If the plant feels like it's in Styrofoam and drooping under watered... got some weight over watered.

Underwater the whole plant droops including stems.maybe tox signs

Overwatered just the leaves droop and look swollen. Maybe deficiency signs.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

like too much watering constantly around the stem area causing some suffocation to the roots.. though the plant is big enough to be fully watered and than be allowed to dry completely..
need better pictures too..
Yuo and the roots won't grow into dry soil.... where they meet can be high nutrients also.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The reason it's important to moisten the entire media is the tap root will grow direct down to the bottom and spread out from there.... contrary to what some may think.

Bu tafter a good water needs to be left to dry out well before watering again. But not to the point it gets bone dry right through.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Do all three plants look like that? Are they getting any calcium or magnesium? Im sure there is some in the mix but just curious if you are adding any?

Is your water going through a softener first? Looks like a nutrient issue from being locked out.

cannabiscreep

cannabiscreep

You watering the pot to moisten the entire media?
These were transplanted from their solo cups about 3-4 days ago to the larger 3 gallon pots. I water with a wand in circle around the seedling so that there is water to seek out by the roots but I don’t drown them by watering the whole pot. I only do this for a week. Then it is soak the whole pot with about 15% runoff.

This plant shows the effects on almost all of its leaves whereas the other four only show it on one set of fan leaves. This one plant is growing so much more vigorousply than the others, even faster than the other plant of the same strain.

soil is Foxfarms OF with perlite and mycorrhizae.
water is 6.5 ph ( thought this may have been incorrect due to meter electrode failure).
Nutrients are FF Grow Big - one feeding at full strength, watered through and BushDoctor microbe brew used in water during seedling stage.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

These were transplanted from their solo cups about 3-4 days ago to the larger 3 gallon pots. I water with a wand in circle around the seedling so that there is water to seek out by the roots but I don’t drown them by watering the whole pot. I only do this for a week. Then it is soak the whole pot with about 15% runoff.

This plant shows the effects on almost all of its leaves whereas the other four only show it on one set of fan leaves. This one plant is growing so much more vigorousply than the others, even faster than the other plant of the same strain.

soil is Foxfarms OF with perlite and mycorrhizae.
water is 6.5 ph ( thought this may have been incorrect due to meter electrode failure).
Nutrients are FF Grow Big - one feeding at full strength, watered through and BushDoctor microbe brew used in water during seedling stage.
I really don't know why or where this started. It just doesn't make sense to do. The entire media should be watered and the drainage of the soil adequate to do so.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I’d get a soil probe in there or take a slurry test.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With that soil being so new I'm not sure I would trust the ppm or ph yet... needs a week or 2 with moisture to really settle in.

cannabiscreep

cannabiscreep

I figured out what happened. It was a combination of two things that drove the PH way down. First the probe on my pH meter is about 7 yrs old and was giving me bad readings and swinging wildly up and down . Second I used the FF Bushdoctor Microbrew. That is a very acidic solution to keep the microbes inert and preserved on the shelf. It dropped my pH way lower than it should have been and more than I expected.

Lesson learned. Check you ph meter against strips every so often and always ph your water after adding the nutrients.

Top Bottom