Leaves tilting up?

• Thread starter CannaMom48
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaMom48

CannaMom48

Hello,My husband and I are waiting for our tent to arrive, and until then we’ve installed four LED bulb lights in our bathroom where the plants have been staying. We’ve had the lights on for maybe two days cycle and I noticed today that some of the leaves are starting to till up towards the ceiling. Is this just the plants reaching for the light or are they under too much light and should we remove one or two of the bulbs? I believe it’s a combined total of just over 200 W With a good amount of space between the plants. the lights are on the top of the mirror and the plants are on the counter .

7C6B734E-911A-474F-863F-5E1289974C77.jpeg
18349EF2-FC2F-49A3-BA0F-48D75B2661C2.jpeg

Reactions: Ina
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Very stretchy. I grow under LECs so don’t have much knowledge of led lights but in my opinion they are too far away. What plant is it?

Reactions: Ina
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
That’s normal the angle of the leaves are telling me it’s happy but yes it is starting to Eatulate which means it’s getting leggy if you can get them into better light like outside in some shade dapple light should be ok till you set up your tent , what light are you planing to run size tent Nutes your thinking of using ?

CannaMom48

CannaMom48

Very stretchy. I grow under LECs so don’t have much knowledge of led lights but in my opinion they are too far away. What plant is it?
Yeah they are supposed to be a lot closer more like 10 inches I believe but this is all we could do in the meantime . Up until we got the led bulbs they were outside (weather permitting in MI) or in the windowsill.
Our tent is here today though so the plan is to get everything set up this evening! I plan to add a little extra soil to fill up the rest of the pot and help them from falling over hopefully

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Yeah they are supposed to be a lot closer more like 10 inches I believe but this is all we could do in the meantime . Up until we got the led bulbs they were outside (weather permitting in MI) or in the windowsill.
Our tent is here today though so the plan is to get everything set up this evening! I plan to add a little extra soil to fill up the rest of the pot and help them from falling over hopefully
What lights are you using in your tent just curious

CannaMom48

CannaMom48

That’s normal the angle of the leaves are telling me it’s happy but yes it is starting to Eatulate which means it’s getting leggy if you can get them into better light like outside in some shade dapple light should be ok till you set up your tent , what light are you planing to run size tent Nutes your thinking of using ?
We have Sensi grow nutrients parts A and B that we picked up from our local hydro shop and I’m fairly certain our tent size is a 4ftX4ftX7ft.
We haven’t given them much nutrients at all yet because I’m not very familiar with them and I’m afraid to burn the plants since they are still seedlings. What would you recommend for nutrient feeding? We’ve been watering until runnoff as needed.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
great what medium are you intending to use ?
We have Sensi grow nutrients parts A and B that we picked up from our local hydro shop and I’m fairly certain our tent size is a 4ftX4ftX7ft.
We haven’t given them much nutrients at all yet because I’m not very familiar with them and I’m afraid to burn the plants since they are still seedlings. What would you recommend for nutrient feeding? We’ve been watering until runnoff as needed.
[/QUOte

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
great what medium are you intending to use ?
Make sure you have ph & tds meters most important tool you will have , I run 700 >1000 ppm if I drive them hard I’ll run 1000>1200 ppm but i know what I’m doing keep it simple less is more to start , the meters will help you will also need the ph buffer to keep it dialled in right plus ph up n down solution to correct your ph . If your going to use coco perlite you will cal /mag .

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

With that little light exposure, the plants won't transpire as much and won't nearly need as much nutrients as stated on the table. What is your outdoor condition like ? What are the temperature in the bathroom as well, a toilet will be very humid, so you'll be fine in veg, but I would consider getting something to be able to gauge your stats like temp and humidity at least. is there any potential in being able to get a new light soon as well ?

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

You want to be looking at actual wattage as stated on the box, 8 W, the 60 w is marketing plus LED efficiency compared to incandescent. Each plant needs around 150w from wall to be worth your time or else it will be very disappointing at harvest.

CannaMom48

CannaMom48

We have a ph and tds meter on the way too!

QUOTE="One drop, post: 2414139, member: 78055"]
Make sure you have ph & tds meters most important tool you will have , I run 700 >1000 ppm if I drive them hard I’ll run 1000>1200 ppm but i know what I’m doing keep it simple less is more to start , the meters will help you will also need the ph buffer to keep it dialled in right plus ph up n down solution to correct your ph . If your going to use coco perlite you will cal /mag .
[/QUOTE]

CannaMom48

CannaMom48

Temps in the bathroom are just above room temp there is a good heat vent in there. And the bathroom isn’t currently in use and there is actually no toilet! We run the tub on hot if we feel like it’s dry in there for more humidity. There is also a sky light in the ceiling so they do get some natural light as well.
We are in Michigan and a week ago the weather was perfect upper 60s and this week it’s in the low 40s and snowing so we haven’t been able to put them outside unfortunately hopefully it warms soon
With that little light exposure, the plants won't transpire as much and won't nearly need as much nutrients as stated on the table. What is your outdoor condition like ? What are the temperature in the bathroom as well, a toilet will be very humid, so you'll be fine in veg, but I would consider getting something to be able to gauge your stats like temp and humidity at least. is there any potential in being able to get a new light soon as well ?

Madbud

Madbud

Got a stool or stepladder to get closer to the light, unless you want stretch?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If possible lower your lights a bit, your seedling is stretching to the light not reaching for it, you want your leaves pointing up to light not shying and not stretching.

CannaMom48

CannaMom48

4ED05757 BB4F 4BAC B59C 9F5DCFEC6896
Alright here is the set up for now. Those 4 bulbs have about 250 watts all together and the strip up top is a 100 watt temporary until we can get heavier duty lights but think this will be enough for the babies?

A4142041 2928 478B A262 8F3E7AEC3005
B

Burned Haze

If it was me ( as a suggestion)
Just because those lights look cool to our eyes, does not mean the plants will receive the spectrum efficiently to the power and give you what you want. I would if anything a t8 or good brand starter brand led like a hlg 65- 100 or well known brand ( it sucks to rebuy lights when if you buy a good light it last )

example : (they are out of stock, but I’m sure they will be back soon )

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

If it was me ( as a suggestion)
Just because those lights look to our eyes, does not mean the plants receive the spectrumto efficiently to the power and give you what you want. I would if anything a t8 or good brand starter brand led like a hlg 65- 100

example : (they are out of stock, but I’m sure they will be back soon )
I’m begging in a closet under that light. My hydro store has them. Works great

Top Bottom