Leaves turning brown

• Thread starter Lbay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lbay

Lbay

Any idea what’s causing the brown spots on my leaves? Am I doing something wrong with the nutrients, or is it something else?

I am using the Fox Farm feeding schedule for week 8. However, my plants’ growth was very slow in the beginning so I’m wondering if maybe I should be feeding them less than their technical age.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Leaves turning brown
Leaves turning brown 2
Leaves turning brown 3
threatco

threatco

I am no expert and am probably wrong. But I am going to guess Calcium deficiency or lockout.

Upper leaf
Small spreading dots
Lower leaves look better

A zoomed-in shot of the underside of the leaf would help rule out fungus.

Good luck!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Are you using Cal / mag in your feeds ? Od .

Lbay

Lbay

Here’s the underside. I’m not using calcium. Using a mix of tiger bloom, big bloom and grow big.

I am no expert and am probably wrong. But I am going to guess Calcium deficiency or lockout.

Upper leaf
Small spreading dots
Lower leaves look better

A zoomed-in shot of the underside of the leaf would help rule out fungus.

Good luck!

B55BA03A D1C6 47BC B87E 52E09B131FE4
89954197 D2A1 4F0C 8610 8794704CF14B
threatco

threatco

The new pics don't look like fungus to me. Still thinking Calcium. And since the leaf tips look mostly pretty good, I am guessing it's not lockout from overfeeding.

Since you say you have never given them cal-mag, it may be time to consider that as the most likely remedy.

Do you know the ppm of your tap water? Or have a city water testing report on dissolved solids? If you can show low ppm or low calcium in tests, then I would feel pretty good about recommending you give them some cal-mag to address the issue.

Damaged leaves will stay damaged, but if you check the same leaf over a week, you should see no new spots if that fixed it.

Top Bottom