Leaves turning purple close to harvest

• Thread starter Foster823
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foster823

Foster823

Working my 3rd grow and everything is going smoothly. My gorilla glue auto has been cruising along with no issues until I noticed some of the fan leaves turning purple. She’s under viperspectra p2000 in soil/perlite mix. 67days from seed. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Leaves turning purple close to harvest
Leaves turning purple close to harvest 2
Leaves turning purple close to harvest 3
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

How cold are lights off temperatures? Purple-ing looks to me like cooler night time temps are bringing out fall colors as your plant reaches maturity. In most cases, this would be normal especially if the temperature drops 10f degrees or more with lights out.

You stated it's an auto. I assume it's still getting some dark hours daily.

Foster823

Foster823

How cold are lights off temperatures? Purple-ing looks to me like cooler night time temps are bringing out fall colors as your plant reaches maturity. In most cases, this would be normal especially if the temperature drops 10f degrees or more with lights out.

You stated it's an auto. I assume it's still getting some dark hours daily.
Yea I’m doing 18/6. Temps during lights off 5-10 degrees lower. I did have a temp drop into low 60 one night. On average my tent with lights on 76 degrees

S

sshortguy1

I've read that on a site about those temperatures can even cause the buds to turn purple, some leave auto-flowering on 24/7, forums, ever since I started growing, trying other methods, etc, I found out, you can have methods of mixing fertilizers some use others, some will cut the bottom half of the plant down some leave it to grow naturally, learned 1 thing, you stick for what works for you

24HR LIGHT CYCLE
Some growers will even give their autos a full 24 hours of light, arguing that this helps maximize vegetative growth. Growers who stick to 18-hour light cycles, on the other hand, argue that this gives their plants a short “recovery” period that is essential for healthy growth

Last edited:
T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
I've read that on a site about those temperatures can even cause the buds to turn purple, some leave auto-flowering on 24/7, forums, ever since I started growing, trying other methods, etc, I found out, you can have methods of mixing fertilizers some use others, some will cut the bottom half of the plant down some leave it to grow naturally, learned 1 thing, you stick for what works for you

24HR LIGHT CYCLE
Some growers will even give their autos a full 24 hours of light, arguing that this helps maximize vegetative growth. Growers who stick to 18-hour light cycles, on the other hand, argue that this gives their plants a short “recovery” period that is essential for healthy growth
I have strains out in the freezing cold at night, all green, no purple.

Working my 3rd grow and everything is going smoothly. My gorilla glue auto has been cruising along with no issues until I noticed some of the fan leaves turning purple. She’s under viperspectra p2000 in soil/perlite mix. 67days from seed. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

They are also curling all over the place. You need to fix pH.

Top Bottom