Leaves Turning Yellow And Brown!

• Thread starter tanan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tanan

Hi.
All of my plants (mothers, clones) are showing almost the same sign of damage.
The plants are in different soils (coco/peat/dirt/cow manure/fishmeal, dirt/cow manure/peat, coco/peat/dirt/perlite, coco/perlite/cow manure/fishmeal/bone meal/peat, coco/perlite). I have flushed them thrice in 2 weeks, watering only with pH 6.3-6.5 water. Gave them foliar K (4 times a week since a week), some one said could be Mg deficiency, gave them pH-ed Mg water with foliar Mg spray. It seems to be advancing at rapid state now.
Please help!
Leaves turning yellow and brown
Leaves turning yellow and brown 2
Leaves turning yellow and brown 3
Leaves turning yellow and brown 4

Leaves turning yellow and brown 5
Leaves turning yellow and brown 6
Leaves turning yellow and brown 7
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Looks like an over water situation.. it also looks like you have immobilized your phosphorus

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi.
All of my plants (mothers, clones) are showing almost the same sign of damage.
The plants are in different soils (coco/peat/dirt/cow manure/fishmeal, dirt/cow manure/peat, coco/peat/dirt/perlite, coco/perlite/cow manure/fishmeal/bone meal/peat, coco/perlite). I have flushed them thrice in 2 weeks, watering only with pH 6.3-6.5 water. Gave them foliar K (4 times a week since a week), some one said could be Mg deficiency, gave them pH-ed Mg water with foliar Mg spray. It seems to be advancing at rapid state now.
Please help!View attachment 559739 View attachment 559740 View attachment 559741 View attachment 559742
Oh man... I'm sorry to say this but just reading your media mixes is a mess. Are these all different mixes being fed and watered the same way?

Anyway, if growing in coir, your pH is way too high IMO/IME. If growing in soil it should range between 6.2-6.8 with occasional forays above and below those parameters. If you're growing in Pro-Mix I think that range might work, but I also think it might be better to drop it.

Based solely on what I'm looking at, you've got a K+ going HARD, you're cooking your plants with potassium.

Jesus, your poor plants. They're all burned to hell.

Was all that poop composted prior to being mixed into the soil? If not, you've got yourself a REAL problem and will need to repot them ASAP, without all the crap.

Stop giving the K foliar, don't give extra Mg right now. I'm really guessing because you haven't given us very much information, like basic feeding and watering regimen, environmental parameters or information on these mixes you've got them planted in.

T

tanan

The plants range from 60 days to 48 days old. Clones are 25 days old max. Initialy I fed them a 32-12 (1/5th strength so more like 6.5-2.4) watered once every week for 2 weeks without pH adjusting. Then they showed sign of nutrient burn so I flushed them for 3 weeks with ph-ed water. They all grew fine, till 2 weeks back one plant showed this deficiency, i tried to fix it but couldnt. Now all are showing rapid signs of it. The veins are darker, the older growth turns yellow from edges sometimes between veins and then start to brown and die.
My manure was well rotted. I personally mixed the soil and let it sit for a month before using.
I would go 100% coco if I had any coco nutes available. If I go coco, I'd be making my own nutes, which isnt that much of a problem because i mix for my planted tanks too. Just I'd like a good recipe.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Try watering much,much less. And as a new grower make sure you pH everything you give your plants.
Best of luck.
Peace
Yes much less, before roots are set you have to be sparingly with how much you give them.
You probally have some negative bacteria in there now destroying the roots.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Me, too, even knowing that the OP has been flushing for what seems to be a prolonged period of time. Hrm.

Top Bottom