Leaves turning yellow is it dieing?

• Thread starter Dadman86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dadman86

Dadman86

It's four and a half weeks old. No nutrients. it's been watered 4 times. I water it with city water that I leave sitting in my garage for five days with the lid off. Google said the chlorine would evaporate. I fucked up germinating and only one seed lived. So I ordered more seeds and germinated them. It was two and a half weeks later when I got the next seeds to sprout. When they broke out the dirt I turned my light back down to 20 percent. My older plant sat in weak light for two weeks. That's the only thing I can think of why the leaves are turning.

Leaves turning yellow is it dieing
Leaves turning yellow is it dieing 2
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey bud welcome to the forum.

So what are they planted in. See the deep V in the leaves. This is light stress.
What lights do you have? What power setting and how far above the plants?
Your right on target letting the chlorine off gas. Make sure you feed and water with room temp water!
Can you check ppm and P.H of just your city water for me?

The plants are yellow because they need Nitrogen fertilizer. They are simply hungry.
The light may have a little to do with the yellowing but it's mostly light in the (N) department.
It's well past transplant them into big pots time. You need to transplant them all asap.
Like 3 or 5 gallon bags or bucket size pots filled to the top with good drainage in he bottom!
I don't know if you are transplanting into an amended potting mix. If not your plants will need to be fed when you water them into the new pots. What nutrients are you planning on using?
Do you have them on hand ? It's time to mix up a gallon or a bucket. P.H test and adjust. Then get after it.
Don't over do it, but it's time to feed them.
Calculate 150ppm (N) for 3 weeks. Then think about 200ppm (N).
Do you have Cal-Mag on hand? If not Do you have Dolomite lime and Gypsum on hand?
I'm thinking just maybe a little over watered droop as well. Make sure and let them dry out almost to droop between watering.
Will check back every few hours. Talk again soon.
Ron

Dadman86

Dadman86

Hey bud welcome to the forum.

So what are they planted in. See the deep V in the leaves. This is light stress.
What lights do you have? What power setting and how far above the plants?
Your right on target letting the chlorine off gas. Make sure you feed and water with room temp water!
Can you check ppm and P.H of just your city water for me?

The plants are yellow because they need Nitrogen fertilizer. They are simply hungry.
The light may have a little to do with the yellowing but it's mostly light in the (N) department.
It's well past transplant them into big pots time. You need to transplant them all asap.
Like 3 or 5 gallon bags or bucket size pots filled to the top with good drainage in he bottom!
I don't know if you are transplanting into an amended potting mix. If not your plants will need to be fed when you water them into the new pots. What nutrients are you planning on using?
Do you have them on hand ? It's time to mix up a gallon or a bucket. P.H test and adjust. Then get after it.
Don't over do it, but it's time to feed them.
Calculate 150ppm (N) for 3 weeks. Then think about 200ppm (N).
Do you have Cal-Mag on hand? If not Do you have Dolomite lime and Gypsum on hand?
I'm thinking just maybe a little over watered droop as well. Make sure and let them dry out almost to droop between watering.
Will check back every few hours. Talk again soon.
Ron
Thanks for the help. I got cal mag and fox farm fertilizers I think grow and bloom. I got a phlizon 100 watt light it's 14 inches away set at 60 percent. I don't have a ph tester yet. I'm new to this and have been getting equipment as I go. I have some 3 gallon cloth pots on the way. I'm planning on up potting as soon as they come. It's a organic soil back to the roots is the name. I can take pictures of the bag when I get home. It's in a 2 1/2 gallon plastic pot. When I watered I did about 25percent the pot size in water. It was half a gallon.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Sounds great bud. Get on Amazon and get a ph pen. You also need test solutions.
A gallon jug of distilled water from the grocery store.
A few empty water bottles to mix solutions in. A short cup for calibrating as you need to be able to press
the calibrate button while in solution.
Having a dedicated pen for E.C is also nice. So you can check outflow.
If you have an electronic scale you can create salt solutions with salt and distilled water.
You should be able to get both under $50.

Dadman86

Dadman86

Sounds great bud. Get on Amazon and get a ph pen. You also need test solutions.
A gallon jug of distilled water from the grocery store.
A few empty water bottles to mix solutions in. A short cup for calibrating as you need to be able to press
the calibrate button while in solution.
Having a dedicated pen for E.C is also nice. So you can check outflow.
If you have an electronic scale you can create salt solutions with salt and distilled water.
You should be able to get both under $50.
I seen a 4 in 1 ph thing than there's just a water one.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey bud if your happy with a 4-1 great. I just like having a pile of junk on my desk lol.
Most $20 pens are accurate enough for home growing you don't need to break the bank.

Dadman86

Dadman86

Hey bud if your happy with a 4-1 great. I just like having a pile of junk on my desk lol.
Most $20 pens are accurate enough for home growing you don't need to break the bank.
I bought a soil ph tester moisture meter.
Than just a water ph tester. Should have them by Wednesday. Got some cloth pots and diatomaceous earth. Mixed a half dose of fox farm grow big and a dose of cal mag. Watered lightly. I checked out your thread. You mix your own soil. How much does it cost to mix enough for 4 plants. Im watching a bunch of threads and everyone uses happy frog ocean forest. I think I need to learn how to make good soil because that stuff is spendy.

Top Bottom