leaves twisting sideways in coco

• Thread starter yobbocrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yobbocrack

I got this fem kush in coco and i have seen this leaf twisting in my previous grows and it starts around early flower and can continue through out but it seems to happen only to lower to mid fan outer leaves i did a google search and couldn't find any info i can see a twist in the petiole it twists back and forth daily apart from that it looks healthy.

Leaves twisting sideways in coco

Leaves twisting sideways in coco 2

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I would think it was from too much light intensity but all your leaves are praying and look like it’s spot on …. Strange

Y

yobbocrack

I would think it was from too much light intensity but all your leaves are praying and look like it’s spot on …. Strange
light is a MH fc3000 at 12" and 75% dim = about 700 par the leaves look good from morning to night it doesn't seem serious maybe one day i will figure out the twist.

In a different substrate, I've seen fan leaves do that when the plant was thirsty.
it get feed liquid nutrient 3 times a day during light on with runoff it shouldn't be a problem with steady evaporation rate and the enviroment has good temps/humidity/air.

Y

yobbocrack

if i know the science with petiole twisting then can make a change to fix it looks stressed but there is only a few fan leaves that do it.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
This is usually caused my pH fluctuations, overwatering or pests. What has your pH been? Have you been adjusting it? Has it been a constant pH? What is your watering schedule like? Also, have you checked for any pests on the underside of the leaves?

Y

yobbocrack

This is usually caused my pH fluctuations, overwatering or pests. What has your pH been? Have you been adjusting it? Has it been a constant pH? What is your watering schedule like? Also, have you checked for any pests on the underside of the leaves?
i am using a digital pH meter that gets calibrated regularly i have set to 5.8 since sprout and have not changed since its been consistent, watering/feeding 3 times a day light on..i doubt overwatering, the only pest a few gnats that i got rid of,

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I’m still pretty sure this is a pH issue causing the plant to not take up Mg properly. I’ll let others chime in, but that’s my answer.

Y

yobbocrack

I’m still pretty sure this is a pH issue causing the plant to not take up Mg properly. I’ll let others chime in, but that’s my answer.
it looks more settled after lights on but will twist during the day.
I turned up the inline fan speed a bit maybe more air exchange will improve it

Y

yobbocrack

i doubled the inline fan speed and the leaves stopped twisting i should of done this a month ago its had the same inline fan speed since sprout.

Heywood

Heywood

Exact same thing has happened to me in two separate soil grows. Something in the environment is not right. Maybe rh or VPD is out of whack.

Never figured it out.

beluga

beluga

I'm noticing that the leaves toward the trunk of the plant are droopy as well.
And if it temporarily resolved the issue to up the airflow, I'm wondering if it might be a transpiration issue.
How's the humidity in there?

Y

yobbocrack

cut it off
i don't cut during bloom

How's the humidity in there?
ok about 50%

thanks for the comments and ideas but i reckon the breeder/genetics of this feminized seed in not very good my last grow was with sensi seed and that was in a 3x2 cupboard and it blew away what i am growing now in cola size my next grow will be another sensi seed maybe it will be better.

sportyridr

sportyridr

I have and have had a few leaves like this and currently do, never gave it a second thought as it only seems to happen when I have topped but removed the first nodes that would not amount to much, the nodes on the branches then get out of sequence like a clone...this is when I see the leaf twisting...

all the hub bub about something being wrong is nothing...plants look great, flower them babies out and make some fire 🔥

as for being a pH, that's a firm NO here...also high humidity doesn't twist leaves from my experience 😎

2Bad

2Bad

I have and have had a few leaves like this and currently do, never gave it a second thought as it only seems to happen when I have topped but removed the first nodes that would not amount to much, the nodes on the branches then get out of sequence like a clone...this is when I see the leaf twisting...

all the hub bub about something being wrong is nothing...plants look great, flower them babies out and make some fire 🔥

as for being a pH, that's a firm NO here...also high humidity doesn't twist leaves from my experience 😎
agreed

Y

yobbocrack

i guess it must be a topped plant related issue it gets so bushy and does weird twisting
i put in a 200w 3000k board as well, but seriously for day 30 of bloom this bloom is small my last grow had better genetics but i have to finish this it at least its got some trichomes

Top Bottom