leaves yellowing 3 weeks into bloom

• Thread starter momstheword
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

momstheword

this seems to be a problem i encounter often;the plants are yellowing fast,but the veins are staying slightly greener.i use the canna terra feed range and additives and i had previously thought it related to not using pk1314 soon enough, but sure enough 2 of the 4 choc rain females are affected.ive tried them on a light feed half and half veg and bloom but thus far no discernable effect.when this has occurred before the fruit ripens properly,and is wonderful in every aspect but i feel it could/should have been better had it received what it was asking for with the yellow leaves.help please.the yellowing is in the larger leaves mainly,and approximately in the middle of the plant

D

Dubsta

I'd flush it and feed with a low ppm and see how she does, check the ph. A picture is for sure worth 1000 words here. Sound's like some kinda lockout possible ph related, maybe lumen shock shits hard to just say. What and how much are you feeding them? how long they been under the current light?

I had similar problems from lumen shock and to high of doses and some ph swings to add to that.

M

momstheword

thx for replies guys and i appreciate a photo or two would make diagnosis easier;unfortunately ive lost my usb lead for my camera and dont know which address to upload to from mobile to post here so i guess its gonna have to be ebay for a new camera lead and lots of flushing for now.my ph is constant at 6.2 although my hanna ph pen is showing its age,and with regular calibration using buffers 4 and 7 the accuracy does tend to drift fairly quickly again,im feeding canna terra vega,boost accelerator,cannazym and pk13/14 at about week 5-7 depending on development.i use all the additives at about half recommended strength because i figure they want to sell you feed,and the more used the more needed,but either way given the background ec of my stock water,approximately half published dose gives me an ec of 1.6-1.8 and i never exceed that.anyway thanks guys will try to get my camera sorted and post pics before its too late

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
not familiar with that nutrient line - but In my experience if you change to flower nutes as soon as you turn back to 12/12 you will start to show nitrogen def about 2-4 weeks into flower depending on how much they stretch

I like to run my veg nutes about a week after I turn them back and then I taper down my grow stuff while I step up the bloom over the next week

if the yellowing started at the bottom fans and is spreading upward on older leaves first then thats prolly your issue

again though w/o photos we are just taking stabs in the dark here

B

Budluver

lockout or deficiency.best to ph your run off and go from there, imo.

M

momstheword

@motherlode i always wait until i see my first pistils before changing from veg to bloom feeds,as well as swapping my hp for the mh i use for veg and to lessen stretch in early bloom...im surprised that you're not familiar with CANNA products...thx for the stabs in the dark ive got so far,all appreciated and helpful but ultimately bolstering knowledge i already possess..rest assured the pertinent camera usb lead has already been ordered so fingers crosed itll be in time enough to make difference to these ladies,the precious choc rain

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
well I have heard of canna - just never used canna

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

I'd Check your PH, PPM, and medium for pests. Also fill us in on your exact feeding amounts, light, and room temps. For the most part I notice yellowing in leaves when the plant is lacking in micro nutrients! Hope this helps.

Pank Mon

Top Bottom