Leaves yellowing at 5 and half weeks i to flower help

• Thread starter Bonzo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bonzo

Hey there im growing dutch passion critical orange punch in canna terror plus soil with canna nuts and my ph is 6.5 im in week 5 to 6 into flower from 12 and 12 and my fan leaves are yellowing pretty bad is this normal or have i got problems.

Leaves yellowing at 5 and half weeks i to flower help
Leaves yellowing at 5 and half weeks i to flower help 2
Leaves yellowing at 5 and half weeks i to flower help 3
Leaves yellowing at 5 and half weeks i to flower help 4
Leaves yellowing at 5 and half weeks i to flower help 5
Leaves yellowing at 5 and half weeks i to flower help 6
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

best thing to do is a slurry test,see what your soil ph is,if your ph is right and your ppm and ph going in is right,all left is NPK test cheap test cost 14 bucks on amazon,looks like your locking out your magnese to calcium saturation exchange,that simple test tells it all and there is no guessing if you dig,anyone can guess but many depend on this plant for medicine,no room for guessing

Ace9137

Ace9137

Well, you could also check your growers expected times, you may also be off on your weeks, most importantly, you dealing with an indica hybrid, dutch passion estimates flower length as 7 to 8 weeks. Getting yellow in your leaves is not always a bad thing, sometimes the plant is done and it is a nature you can not argue with.

B

Bonzo

Well, you could also check your growers expected times, you may also be off on your weeks, most importantly, you dealing with an indica hybrid, dutch passion estimates flower length as 7 to 8 weeks. Getting yellow in your leaves is not always a bad thing, sometimes the plant is done and it is a nature you can not argue with.
Thanks mate makes sense :)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hey there im growing dutch passion critical orange punch in canna terror plus soil with canna nuts and my ph is 6.5 im in week 5 to 6 into flower from 12 and 12 and my fan leaves are yellowing pretty bad is this normal or have i got problems.
what are you feeding? Are you still feeding N?

Ace9137

Ace9137

Thanks mate makes sense :)
I am growing lemon haze and jack herer, both are originals, estimated times vary for these plants, and is dependent on the growers and what strains AND phenos they use, point being that my girls will be done in 65 days and some may go longer, yet, estimated times is nine to ten weeks. Time really does vary and is rarely uniform.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Just canna flores and boost and usese pk 13 14 at week 5
I don't know what any of that means but I know if you drop your nitrogen too soon you're going to have trouble keeping your plant green and keeping the leaves on the plant as you go forward in flowering, it's a common mistake a lot of people make

To eliminate other possible causes do a slurry test like old-school recommended above and let us know your results

Ace9137

Ace9137

Ph meters will never give an accurate reading with a "slurry" test, your run off is ALWAYS higher when you add water or water with nutes, the whole reason for that is that this is the run off, meaning that anything in excess such as salts, residual nutrients, and even less oxygenated water,( which can and will raise you ph and ppm's). Your plant is seven to eight weeks, senescence is actually normal, in fact you see this in fall/ Autumn with trees. I know you do not know me, I can only tell you, you have nothing to worry about.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Canna Terra Flores has N and is good stuff..Used it for a few years.
Thanks, that plant is yellowing from the top down too, so a slurry test is going to help him, hopefully he'll get that done and post the results soon

Edit: actually the whole thing looks kind of evenly yellow, so either lockout or the plant is being starved (or possibly a combination of both) need soil test result of pH & ppm

Last edited:
B

Bonzo

Thanks, that plant is yellowing from the top down too, so a slurry test is going to help him, hopefully he'll get that done and post the results soon

Edit: actually the whole thing looks kind of evenly yellow, so either lockout or the plant is being starved (or possibly a combination of both) need soil test result of pH & ppm
I think i deid leave them to dry abit too long ant the last water was a non feed so could be that?

B

Bonzo

Thanks people i dont have anything to do a slurry test atm all i have is a ph pen 🤷‍♂️

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You dont have a ppm pen? How do you know how much food you're giving them?

I'm always surprised to see people invest so much effort and time into their grows without investing in basic but critical instrumentation. Unless you want to grow 100% organic, you should really get a ppm pen.

Plants look like they're either not getting enough N or its locked out from overfeeding or really bad ph. You'll need a ppm pen to find the answer.

B

Bonzo

You dont have a ppm pen? How do you know how much food you're giving them?

I'm always surprised to see people invest so much effort and time into their grows without investing in basic but critical instrumentation. Unless you want to grow 100% organic, you should really get a ppm pen.

Plants look like they're either not getting enough N or its locked out from overfeeding or really bad ph. You'll need a ppm pen to find the answer.
I have just been giving what the canna feed chart recomends but i will start looking into checking ec and ppm aswell on my next grow

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have just been giving what the canna feed chart recomends but i will start looking into checking ec and ppm aswell on my next grow

If you've been following a feed chart I'd bet they're overfed and the ph has dropped. Most feed charts are way too hot imho.
ec and ppm meters are vital tools for properly feeding Mj, and critical for diagnosing any problems you have along the way.

B

Bonzo

If you've been following a feed chart I'd bet they're overfed and the ph has dropped. Most feed charts are way too hot imho.
ec and ppm meters are vital tools for properly feeding Mj, and critical for diagnosing any problems you have along the way.
Its no were near what they put on the bottle 3ml a litre i have been doing and i will get one asoon as i can i have a bluelab ph pen are the bluelab ec trunchens anygood

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Truncheons are great, but I prefer the readout on their tds pen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom