leaves yellowing in flower??

• Thread starter CINDARELLA99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Hello Growers!
Being new to growing I'm not sire of some things. I come for advice. I have two plants that the leaves are yellowing. I googled and found it could be nitrogen def. But I have been adding N and it's still happening.
The two strains, one the Colorado diesel is in foxfarm ocean Forrest, the other a Djshorts blueberry is in a mixture of miraclegro and ffof.
I use distilled water and currently using roots organic roots buddah grow and buddah bloom also using sea kelp. I only water when it's dry which is about every 4-5 days. Temps are 75 and humidity is 25%-33% my other plants are okay,just these two are concerning me. Can anyone help me out?
Leaves yellowing in flower 2
Leaves yellowing in flower 3

Leaves yellowing in flower
Leaves yellowing in flower 4
Leaves yellowing in flower 5
Nutts

Nutts

That's the beginning of nitrogen deficiency. Since there's no rust spots and the leafs aren't burned at the tips I'd say its not ph. Has to be under feeding. What are you feeding her. I feed grow and bloom till week three of flower then cut to just bloom.
They are supposed to lose color and they definitely won't look as pretty as far as fan leafs go
Grow as many branches and fan leafs as possible in veg then keep em green till week three of flower then let them naturally yellow.
What's your ph
What's the soil ?
What are you feeding.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Thank you for the replies. A ph tester is one thing I do NOT have. Which is why I was using the distilled water. From what I was told it would be better. I dont have any funds to go and get one for at least a month.
The soil in the Colorado Diesel is Fox Farm Ocean Forrest and the Dj shorts blueberry is a mixture of Miracle grow and Foxfarm Ocean forrest. I am using the Roots Organics line of nutes. I am using the Buddah Grow and Bloom I am in the 4th week of flowering and I also use the sea kelp extract. These two plants do not recieve the most light, both of these plants are on the outside of the group.I have got 8 plants in total in my tent. I got a 1000 watt HPS in a 4.5X4.5X6.5 tent and I have a good extraction fan and intake, I have an A/C keeping them at the right temp as living in AZ my garage can get pretty warm.

If this is a nitrogen def. and I am using both the bloom and grow nutes, should I just increase the grow nutes?
Also, is this gonna be what happens to all my flowering plants? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question,just dont know.
If t his is normal in floweirng.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

You can get one of those ph meters that you poke into the soil for about $7 .Pretty sure.

Is that online? I will have to check with the grow store I go to, I asked once, but the guy only had ones that were in the $40-$75 range.

sun

sun

Is that online? I will have to check with the grow store I go to, I asked once, but the guy only had ones that were in the $40-$75 range.
One sec ill edit this post with my answer .Wally World has one , & if you dont have one , then they will deliver it to your door. $20

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

That claw is pretty severe, get that RH up during veg around 60% then slowly drop it throughout flower to where its at now during the final week, if possible. Keep using your veg nutes until week 3 on an 8 week strain, then switch to bloom nutes until flush. Good luck.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

That claw is pretty severe, get that RH up during veg around 60% then slowly drop it throughout flower to where its at now during the final week, if possible. Keep using your veg nutes until week 3 on an 8 week strain, then switch to bloom nutes until flush. Good luck.

Thank you, I am still using veg nutes together with my bloom nutes...today is the 4th week they been in flower. I will probably water in about 2 or 3 days. Should I stop the veg nutes even if there is a Nitrgen deficiency?
The buds are growing I am noticing trichome development ,no smell....Im wondering if Im giving too low a dose of nutes, Im giving exactly what the bottles say.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thank you, I am still using veg nutes together with my bloom nutes...today is the 4th week they been in flower. I will probably water in about 2 or 3 days. Should I stop the veg nutes even if there is a Nitrgen deficiency?
The buds are growing I am noticing trichome development ,no smell....Im wondering if Im giving too low a dose of nutes, Im giving exactly what the bottles say.

It would be easier for me to give you advice if you had a EC meter, but how much are you giving per gallon?? What size pots are the plants in?? And how much run-off do you have per irrigation??

Those questions will help me give you more accurate advice.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

I use two gallons of water to feed 8 plants. 4 of them are in 7 gallon bags. One is in a ten gallon pot and 3 are in 5 gallon pots. Not much run off, infact some of my plants I dont get any run off.Usually only the blueberry, the soil is hard and I gotta kinda mix it up and churn the top of the soil before I water it or it will just run out the sides. Thats the one mixed with miracle grow.

Nutts

Nutts

You should run a couple gallons of half strength grow through there till you get a good amount of runoff. Being ocean farm and mg it's probably not a deficiency it's probably salt build up in the root zone. Flush with half strength nutes and within three days I bet you see a positive change.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

You should run a couple gallons of half strength grow through there till you get a good amount of runoff. Being ocean farm and mg it's probably not a deficiency it's probably salt build up in the root zone. Flush with half strength nutes and within three days I bet you see a positive change.

Thank you Nutts, I will do this, is it okay to do it today or do I wait till the plants next feeding? I checked the soil this morning whenI got up and it is still a little moist inside. I have never flushed before but I have read about it.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I would do it now, you really don't want the soil to dry out too much. It will kill microbes when its dried out and the EC will rise.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

I would do it now, you really don't want the soil to dry out too much. It will kill microbes when its dried out and the EC will rise.

Ok, I didnt know about that. I was like how Juggernaut just mentioned , worried about over watering.
But I will do it today. I'll Flush with maybe 3 gallons of half strength grow nutes.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Nutts

Nutts

Do t worry about the over watering. It happens in nature all the time. The benefit you get from this flush will far outweigh the plant getting too much water one time.

Top Bottom