Leaves yellowing in patches, curling, rust, slight tip burns

• Thread starter Kestrelgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kestrelgrows

Kestrelgrows

Hi, this is my first grow and I could use some help. I have 3 plants I've grown from bag seed that have grown well until about a week ago. I started them off outside in miracle grow (sorry) potting mix and they seemed to like it. I read that miracle grow would burn plants in the flowering stage so I transplanted my fastest, and my slowest plant into a Lowe's brand organic soil mix with a .1 .05 . 05 ratio soil that uses peat moss, ground limestone, perlite, poultry droppings, and froest compost. I left the last one in the miracle grow. They have been moved into a 3x3 tent with a 600 watt Mars hydro growlight ( I know not ideal lighting as it's for a 2*2 space but I'm not too concerned as they still seem to be getting adequate lighting at this stage in growth). The plant in the miracle grow is in a 1-2 gallon (rough estimate as I'm using random nursery pots) and the other two are in 5 gallon pot. The one in the miracle grow is showing slight burnt tips and rust but nothing overly concerning as it's stayed on one particular leaf. The largest plant is showing yellow splotches and rust; also one stem of new growth is slight purple( pic 4,5 for purple stem). The smallest plant is starting to show yellow patches as well. Using a rapid soil test my soil in both pots with the organic soil are in between 6 and 6.7. I've used both tap and rainwater (from brand new clean rain gutters in a rain box) during this grow. I've watered with a solution of Epsom salt and water about a week ago. I gave some calmag+ today hoping to alleviate what I believe is a calcium deficiency ( light foliar spray an hour before lights came on, watered with as well once lights were turned on. Any help would be much appreciated. I can give any other info you need besides a TDS, EC, or runoff ph readings. I do not have the means to buy anymore testing equipment at all this grow season because of flu making me unemployed. My mother smokes due due to complications from MS and this will be our only supply as we're not exactly in a place where growing is not thought of highly.
Leaves yellowing in patches curling rust slight tip burns
Leaves yellowing in patches curling rust slight tip burns 2
Leaves yellowing in patches curling rust slight tip burns 3
Leaves yellowing in patches curling rust slight tip burns 4
Leaves yellowing in patches curling rust slight tip burns 5
Leaves yellowing in patches curling rust slight tip burns 6
Leaves yellowing in patches curling rust slight tip burns 7
Leaves yellowing in patches curling rust slight tip burns 8

Kestrelgrows

Kestrelgrows

Phosphate deficient in the fat dark disfigured leaves. And yes it can use some cal mag and macro nutes.
Thanks so much, that's probably the most info on deficiencies I've seen in one post. I'll keep update once I feed again, probably when I get home. I guess now would be time to start a journal.

Top Bottom