Leaves yellowing on young plants

• Thread starter jebemtimojozemlo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

It's been around 14 days since I put the seeds in and the plants came out about 9 days ago and one plants leaves started to yellow. They were strecthing a bit at the beginning so I moved them closer and now they seem to be fine (besides the obvious). I'm using a 600w HPS growlight (for the first time), the temps are around 28°C I know it's a bit high and I am trying to lower them, havent used fertilesers yet and pH is 5,7-6,2. My biggest suspects are that its too hot or underwatering but i dont wanna mess up by doing something that might do even more damage. So if there is anyone who knows whats wrong please tell me. Thanks in advance! (The photos are so dark because its the best how i could get them without the leaves being too shiny)

Leaves yellowing on young plants
Leaves yellowing on young plants 2
Leaves yellowing on young plants 3
Madmax

Madmax

Yeah id say your lights killing it .could b a few things.id move it way up .how close you got it..

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

When starting seeds and/or clones you shouldn't start them out in big pots...start in solo cups!

Or 300ml sized seedling container....

Never use HPS for seed starts or anything in veg..

What type of growing medium are you using?

jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

When starting seeds and/or clones you shouldn't start them out in big pots...start in solo cups!

Or 300ml sized seedling container....

Never use HPS for seed starts or anything in veg..

What type of growing medium are you using?
um its some dirt my local growhouse sells i bought it when i bought everything else

No3r

No3r

It’s not the light. It’s not getting the nitrogen it needs which is causing it to yellow. The seedling itself has enough food within itself to sustain life for a bit, looks like its time to add amendments

Porky1982

Porky1982

It’s not the light. It’s not getting the nitrogen it needs which is causing it to yellow. The seedling itself has enough food within itself to sustain life for a bit, looks like its time to add amendments
Yeah ide agree with the above.

a4twenty

a4twenty

agree with above and as a side note 5.7 is too low for a soil grow. you're aiming for 6.0 - 7.0, preferably 6.3 - 6.7 or around 6.5.

you dont need to bring the light closer at this stage, seedlings dont need as much as established plants. and be careful watering such small plants in such large containers (relative too plant size), its easy to over water

jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

OK thanks for all the help I added some nitrogen. But when I was away situation has gotten worse, also whats weirding me out is that the other one is fine and they are growing in the same conditions

20201209 142514
20201209 142539
No3r

No3r

OK thanks for all the help I added some nitrogen. But when I was away situation has gotten worse, also whats weirding me out is that the other one is fine and they are growing in the same conditions

Keep it moist, don’t saturate for now.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i think your soil has too high nutrients for a young seedling..
a seedling needs No nutrients until the two small cotyledon round leaves die on their own, than start tiny doses..

Top Bottom