Leaves yellowing, some spotting. Nutrient deficiency or?

• Thread starter ncalgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ncalgrower

ncalgrower

This is my second year growing outdoors in fabric pots. I started "on time" this year and these plants are already 4-5 times bigger than what I grew last year! But, many of my plants are exhibiting the same problem:
- Lower 1/3rd of leaves yellowing, but new growth around it still green
- Some yellow spots on some (not all) leaves higher up the plant

The only differences between this year and last are:
- I haven't been lowering the ph of my tap water. Runoff has always been around 6.5.
- The plants are way bigger so I'm sure they much hungrier

My eyes hurt from reading every post and marijuana site about issues. If I had to guess I'd say this looks like Nitrogen deficiency, but I really need some expert input. Please help this noob out and save my girls! TIA

Leaves yellowing some spotting nutrient deficiency or
Leaves yellowing some spotting nutrient deficiency or 2

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You got at least 1 or 2 nutrient deficiency's.. the most prominent is magnesium ( I love sayin that word this month ) It just rollllllllllls off the tongue.

And maybe zinc but its hard to say because some of the def is pretty advanced.

epsom salts at the very least. a broad range of nutrients tho i would suggest.

Kidbuu

Kidbuu

The lower leaves yellowing and getting dry starting from the tip looks just like magnesium deficiency. But I'd keep an eye out for nitrogen.
By the way what is this:
Whatis this

ncalgrower

ncalgrower

Should I start with an epsom spray and then start adding some when watering? Mix some in the top of the soil?

You got at least 1 or 2 nutrient deficiency's.. the most prominent is magnesium ( I love sayin that word this month ) It just rollllllllllls off the tongue.

And maybe zinc but its hard to say because some of the def is pretty advanced.

epsom salts at the very least. a broad range of nutrients tho i would suggest.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I would foliar spray till your next watering then add it in to the feeding routine. You can keep spraying for a cpl days after feeding tho since it takes a day or 2 for the roots to uptake vs the spray which works pretty much instant.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is my second year growing outdoors in fabric pots. I started "on time" this year and these plants are already 4-5 times bigger than what I grew last year! But, many of my plants are exhibiting the same problem:
- Lower 1/3rd of leaves yellowing, but new growth around it still green
- Some yellow spots on some (not all) leaves higher up the plant

The only differences between this year and last are:
- I haven't been lowering the ph of my tap water. Runoff has always been around 6.5.
- The plants are way bigger so I'm sure they much hungrier

My eyes hurt from reading every post and marijuana site about issues. If I had to guess I'd say this looks like Nitrogen deficiency, but I really need some expert input. Please help this noob out and save my girls! TIA

View attachment 1008298View attachment 1008299
You didn't mention what you're feeding it?

ncalgrower

ncalgrower

This is totally new to me. I mixed my own dirt this year and actually just started with an organic fertilizer which is 1-1.5-2. Honestly, I'm behind the curve on my reading/research right now. I grew out seeds and clones this year and they've all done way better than expected. Last year I started very late, my plants on grew about 2 feet tall before entering flower and this year I have a yard full of plants that are 4-5 tall! I honestly wasn't prepared for this and am scrambling to make sure I keep them happy til harvest. Live and learn :)

You didn't mention what you're feeding it?

ncalgrower

ncalgrower

Just a little follow up. I did the foliar spray, I mixed up some Cal Mag and watered. It seemed to have stopped the spots and yellow moving up the plants, except for two of them, both in 10 gallon fabric pots. I continued a foliar spray and cal mag in the watering. Last watering I added 10-10-10 organic nutrients. BUT, I transplanted another plant from the 7 gallon to a 10 gallon and discovered the bottom 3/4 of the bag was bone dry! So I started running my hand along the inside of a few of the other bags and found the same thing. Clearly I have NOT been watering my ladies enough! Argh. More lessons learned. Watered today and made sure I had good runoff. I also found out my runoff PH was around 7 for almost all the plants. Basically they've been starving on all fronts. I'm surprised they look as good as they do. I haven't grown in 10 gallon bags before and from some searching, I've found similar problems with other newbs moving up to the 10 gallon size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom