Leaving dying after switching to flower

• Thread starter Abdultj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Abdultj

Abdultj

Hi Guys, so I just switched to flowering 3days ago and leaves are starting to dye off, I use a 10/14 cycle, please help.
Leaving dying after switching to flower
Leaving dying after switching to flower 2
Leaving dying after switching to flower 3
Leaving dying after switching to flower 4

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Are they autoflower? Or photoperoid plants? That light cycle is weird? If auto, it’s too low if photo then the cycle isn’t enough.
Let us know what strain and type u running. Conditions etc

Abdultj

Abdultj

Are they autoflower? Or photoperoid plants? That light cycle is weird? If auto, it’s too low if photo then the cycle isn’t enough.
Let us know what strain and type u running. Conditions etc
They are photoperiods, what do you mean by 'cycle isn't enough' 🤔, I have 10/14hrs induce flower faster

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The plants look to be somewhat low on light, which has made it a little leggy and without a lot of stored energy for flowering. This can cause the plant to use energy it has stored, which is usually in the leaves. The lowest leaves get the least light, and the plant will usually start pulling nutrients from the bottom leaves first if needed, when switching to flowering mode. It's not unusual to lose some of the lower leaves, but make sure they are getting enough nutrients and light to keep the leaf loss to a minimum. Don't overfeed, but make sure they get a small snack every now and then.
I'm unsure what effect a 10/14 hour photoperiod would have on the plant, as it looks like it is starting to flower, but that shouldn't cause leaf loss.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Low or lower then normal light conditions will cause limb sacrifice as the plant is trying to pass on the gene via flower, well when the photo period is less then what would normally be seen in nature plants will kill off what it deems unnecessary. Hence the low limb rejection. And she does look a little underfed, low ligh or deficient.
I’ve never understood why folks do the 10-14 when a 12-12 does the same and better.....

Abdultj

Abdultj

Am feeding with General hydroponic flora 3parts, 2ml micro 1ml grow and 2ml bloom to a gallon, my medium is dense with a lot of compost and a little bit of perlite, so am scared of overwatering the plant because the medium holds alot of water.
15EDEB95 9692 44CB 9E9B 4B0669C02482

Abdultj

Abdultj

Low or lower then normal light conditions will cause limb sacrifice as the plant is trying to pass on the gene via flower, well when the photo period is less then what would normally be seen in nature plants will kill off what it deems unnecessary. Hence the low limb rejection. And she does look a little underfed, low ligh or deficient.
I’ve never understood why folks do the 10-14 when a 12-12 does the same and better.....
OK, can I switch the light schedule to 12/12, ps I live in a country with unstable electricity so light is a sensible issue to me 😩

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
And instead of 10-14, just do a 2 day lights off. And go 12-12 , preflower starts sooner provided them veg was long enough and the plant is sexually mature, if it’s a clone it will take fast. Seeds may take longer and stretch will be tall. Looking at the limb structure I can say it’s from seed and maybe the maturity is lacking, it will flower but the internodal development will be large meaning the buds will be stacked further apart and yields will be low. Seeds require at least 3-4 months veg to ensure a tight node development

Abdultj

Abdultj

And instead of 10-14, just do a 2 day lights off. And go 12-12 , preflower starts sooner provided them veg was long enough and the plant is sexually mature, if it’s a clone it will take fast. Seeds may take longer and stretch will be tall. Looking at the limb structure I can say it’s from seed and maybe the maturity is lacking, it will flower but the internodal development will be large meaning the buds will be stacked further apart and yields will be low. Seeds require at least 3-4 months veg to ensure a tight node development
This veg for 1 month, and am not really after high yields as this is my first grow, I just need results

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
OK, can I switch the light schedule to 12/12, ps I live in a country with on stable electricity so light is a sensible issue to me 😩
Can u supplement light use via moving plants outside during day and moving in at evening? If possible. Then power use is negligible at best. But if it’s a hidden grow then that option would not be advised. But a 12-12 is proper. And do you have a meter to measure the actual ppm or EC? Because I never trust the mfg recommendations. Shoot for 2.8-3 ec or 1500-2000ppm feed at start of flower as she needs it the most then, after good start and flower development, u can ease it back. I personally feed at 3.0 all through the life cycle and actually feed her veg food for 2 weeks into flower then I cut it back to 1:8th ratio of veg into full1:1 flower ratio. I grow mostly hybrids but that method is very true for sativa leaning strains as they need npk throughout its life cycle to make that 8-12 weeks flower range. Indica usually I feed it just flower nutes in flower and actually flush 3 weeks out before harvest

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Ahh that make
This veg for 1 month, and am not really after high yields as this is my first grow, I just need results
Ahh ok that makes more sense now. I’d continue to feed her veg nutes into flower then as she have no stored food stock to carry her into flower. So feed 1/4 strength veg to full flower nutes first 4 weeks then slowly cut the veg feed out. 1 month veg isn’t enough and the yields will be low but for a test I’d say she will be ok. Just don’t expect too much from her.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Take some of the lower limbs off, they won’t amount to anything and will actually hurt the potential flowers up top. And don’t remove any leaves, other then the lower limbs. She will need everything she has to help her out since it’s a premature plant. Add a good fan to keep air moving across the tops. Add Mollases to your feed regiment. 1tsp to gallon water . The micro and macro nutrients in it will keep her healthy and add to the overall vigor

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
OK, what is your recommended feed amount when using Flora 3 partsView attachment 906870
2ml/grow as opposed to 1mil. And use that for 3-4 weeks into flower this will sustain her long enough to flower well and not die off. Then go to the normal 1-2-1 ratio that the mfg recommendations. Towards week 6-7, double the bloom qty to 4 for about 3 feeds. This will stack the flowers well. And cut watering a back to allow for a dry spell at week 5 and on, allowing for dry spells signals the plant that fall is near and she will speed up the flowering. Lower the humidity if possible to 45% or lower. Lower the temps if possible to 65dgF lights off or lower, and no more then 72 lights on. Remember we are replicating nature in photoperiod plant, fall is colder dryer and lights lower. Signaling a plant to seed to save its genetics . We are forcing a plant to finish off.

Abdultj

Abdultj

OK another issue is that I just water the plant and the medium takes a long time to dry up, like 10 days, and am scared that if I try to water again I will over water and drown the plant but I think the plant needs more nutrients, how do I get over this?

Abdultj

Abdultj

OK another issue is that I just water the plant and the medium takes a long time to dry up, like 10 days, and am scared that if I try to water again I will over water and drown the plant but I think the plant needs more nutrients, how do I get over this?
Anyone

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
2ml/grow as opposed to 1mil. And use that for 3-4 weeks into flower this will sustain her long enough to flower well and not die off. Then go to the normal 1-2-1 ratio that the mfg recommendations. Towards week 6-7, double the bloom qty to 4 for about 3 feeds. This will stack the flowers well. And cut watering a back to allow for a dry spell at week 5 and on, allowing for dry spells signals the plant that fall is near and she will speed up the flowering. Lower the humidity if possible to 45% or lower. Lower the temps if possible to 65dgF lights off or lower, and no more then 72 lights on. Remember we are replicating nature in photoperiod plant, fall is colder dryer and lights lower. Signaling a plant to seed to save its genetics . We are forcing a plant to finish off.
Hi, Jack og you obviously know your stuff. The only way I can get my temps down to 72f would be to cut my ballast on my 1000w hps to 60 -70 %. Would you advise doing that or is it more important for keep the bulb burning at 100% to keep its full spectrum and keep my room at 78f as it usually is lights on? Is getting down to 72f that critical for the hard packed buds I'd like to get? Lights off It gets down to 64 f but I can get it down lower if I need to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom