Leaving Town

• Thread starter Ironhead1970
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

I'm leaving town for 1 week need to set up 15 gal rez to run unattended for 7 days. Changed H20 3 days ago PH is 6.1 TDS is 583. Should I lower PH to 5.6 and add more nutrients to bring TDS up to around 700? while I'm gone. I'm thinking PH will go up and TDS will go down? I'm going to top off rez tonight
Today is exactly 2 weeks in. Both have 1 long root in the 5 gal bucket 2 plants in rdwc have been hand watering straight from my reservoir to top of the buckets at least twice a day to this point, and both are about 3 inches tall as of today. tmps in rez is running from 65 to 71 degrees Fahrenheit have a CMH 315 watt 3 feet above plants. Does this sound right? My cousin is going to be here but he's about as sharp as a bowling ball and don't trust him to know what to do. He can't even learn how to read and adjust PH frustrating. I'm scared to leave my baby's alone don't have a choice.
Thank you

Nugg

Nugg

Oh and 580-700 is way higher than I run at that point..at 2 wks that would burn me up..is this what you normally run?

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

All we can do is hope...I'll leave this here for you simply because you asked what your solution might do...so I'm assuming this might help you..
Thank you I'm going to print that out.
Your right all I can do is hope and pray.
I'm not even asking my cousin to top off rez I know the guy would fu@k it up somehow

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

Oh and 580-700 is way higher than I run at that point..at 2 wks that would burn me up..is this what you normally run?
everything I read say TDS should be 800 when veg.?
No this is my second grow in 8 years my TDS is 151 right out of faucet. I'll top it off with clean water no nutrients try to bring it down some

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Maybe just never leave town. I’m kidding but kinda not.
Sucks your cuz can’t help. I hate being gone more than 2-3 days and I’m not even hydro

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Maybe just never leave town. I’m kidding but kinda not.
Sucks your cuz can’t help. I hate being gone more than 2-3 days and I’m not even hydro

Why it is always blessed to have a capable friend to come check on each others grows when you leave town. For real tho I wouldn't have gone back home for 2 weeks if it wasn't for one of those friends. Wish there was a better option but without dosers you are def taking a gamble.

My best advice is get a way bigger rez. The bigger rez will stay more stable and have less temp and ph swing. Try like a 50 or something if you can swing it. The other thing is if this is a normal thing of going out of town select nutes based on that that stay stable and don't have to be fucked with all the time.

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

Why it is always blessed to have a capable friend to come check on each others grows when you leave town. For real tho I wouldn't have gone back home for 2 weeks if it wasn't for one of those friends. Wish there was a better option but without dosers you are def taking a gamble.

My best advice is get a way bigger rez. The bigger rez will stay more stable and have less temp and ph swing. Try like a 50 or something if you can swing it. The other thing is if this is a normal thing of going out of town select nutes based on that that stay stable and don't have to be fucked with all the time.
Well im going to redesign after this on I'm running 25 gallons right now it only has 3/ 5 gallon buckets and the rez is 17 gallons when I changed the water 3 days ago I drained the water it filled a 5 gallon bucket 5 times that's how I figured out how many gallons I'm running
I'm thinking of going with 3 to 5 gallon square buckets and a 50 gallon rez and 3" pvc then a 1" return i think it would work good I'm just growing for myself I don't think I'll grow anymore then 4 plants at a time my tent 3x3x6' so I'm thinking 4 plants do a sea of green next grow but I find it fun working with hydro.

Top Bottom