Led advice, Mars SP250 vs King plus 1200 watt led

• Thread starter Badgeradventures
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Badgeradventures

Badgeradventures

Does anyone have any thoughts on which led lights are better between. A Mars SP250 and a King plus 1200 watt led.
If you had to choose which one would pick . Not really wanting to compare stats. Just over all grow perfomance .

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Does anyone have any thoughts on which led lights are better between. A Mars SP250 and a King plus 1200 watt led.
If you had to choose which one would pick . Not really wanting to compare stats. Just over all grow perfomance .

We need more information to respond to your question. Do you have a link for each of those lights? Most of us want to know how many watts the unit draws from the outlet as opposed to the manufacturer's "comparison idea" of the amount of light it produces.

Edit: I found the draw specs on the SP250 -

Actual Wattage(±5%)134W @AC120V

This light is not designed to cover much. Very small footprint. How much area are you trying to light?

Last edited:
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

We need more information to respond to your question. Do you have a link for each of those lights? Most of us want to know how many watts the unit draws from the outlet as opposed to the manufacturer's "comparison idea" of the amount of light it produces.

This light is not designed to cover much. Very small footprint. How much area are you trying to light?
That's not the SP-250

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That's not the SP-250

You're right ... here's the correct draw for the SP250 -

Actual Wattage(±5%)232W/110v,

This light is made to cover more area, but is it sufficient for your area?

I have no experience with Mars LED but I can say that if you don't have enough light for your space ... it doesn't matter what brand it is ... plant yields will go down.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

You're right ... here's the correct draw for the SP250 -

Actual Wattage(±5%)232W/110v,

This light is made to cover more area, but is it sufficient for your area?

I have no experience with Mars LED but I can say that if you don't have enough light for your space ... it doesn't matter what brand it is ... plant yields will go down.
The TSL-2000 is like $10 cheaper but has a draw of 300w at the wall. Perfect for a 2x4.

Badgeradventures

Badgeradventures

I got some specs on later today or tomorrow.

Badgeradventures

Badgeradventures

A 4 x 4 tent Iam use two

YieldSeeker

YieldSeeker

I run 315w CMH lights normally but I decided to step into the led world and right now I'm running the Dragon SL from scynceled. What I love most about this light is I can load up the recipes on my mobile and tune the spectrum with one click 🤖

https://scynceled.com/spectrum-tuning/recipes/dragon-sl/

https://www.amazon.com/Scynce-Dragon-SL/dp/B07PSKV46G?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I got to ask....the dimensions of this light are 48 x 7.....just seems kind of narrow for a 4 foot 600 watt fixture....is this designed for that type of footprint? Very curious

Rebis

Rebis

I run 315w CMH lights normally but I decided to step into the led world and right now I'm running the Dragon SL from scynceled. What I love most about this light is I can load up the recipes on my mobile and tune the spectrum with one click 🤖

https://scynceled.com/spectrum-tuning/recipes/dragon-sl/
Do you have any more details about this light? What ambient temp is required for adequate VPD? How is the performance over a flower cycle? Are you also vegging with this light? Interested in learning more about these.
https://www.amazon.com/Scynce-Dragon-SL/dp/B07PSKV46G?ref_=ast_sto_dp

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Do you have any more details about this light? What ambient temp is required for adequate VPD? How is the performance over a flower cycle? Are you also vegging with this light? Interested in learning more about these.

CMH stands for "Ceramic Metal Halide." It's a type of HID light. I've never used one but I've heard that it's an upgrade (better light spectrum) over the standard Metal Halide light. A CMH would likely be hot in a tent unless it's in an air cooled hood. Besides that, many people have had great success growing with the CMH light and there is no reason not to use one ...

Rebis

Rebis

CMH stands for "Ceramic Metal Halide." It's a type of HID light. I've never used one but I've heard that it's an upgrade (better light spectrum) over the standard Metal Halide light. A CMH would likely be hot in a tent unless it's in an air cooled hood. Besides that, many people have had great success growing with the CMH light and there is no reason not to use one ...
I was asking about the Dragon SL you said you’re running now. I switched over from CMH to LED about six months ago, been running a SPYDR 2x and loving it.

I know nothing about Scynce, and there’s very little out there to go off of. What kind of ambient temps do you need to maintain to achieve effective VPD with the Dragon SL? Are you happy with the overall performance of the Dragon? Do you also veg with it, or are you using something h else? What is your medium?

Rebis

Rebis

Sorry, just seeing something got messed up. I was asking logic about their Dragon.

Last edited:
Soonermick

Soonermick

I bought a King 1000W and it worked for 2 months before rows started going out on it. The company refused to honor the warranty because I bought it new from a vendor on e-bay instead of directly from them. I have a MARs 100 & it is well made, works great, but only covers about a 2x2 area. I personally like HLG lights.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Not your exact question, but Kingbrites were recently "discussed" at length. This may provide some additional info - https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/kingbrite-review.109963/

FWIW, I've been running 2 SP-250s for a little over six months. No complaints. Sorry, I don't have comparisons to anything else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom