Led Advice

• Thread starter plm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Krypto

Krypto

We're doing fine as is. But I'm looking forward to the upgrade the expansion getting back to some of the old school genetics and just kind of running a formula for the next several months. Period. And by next Christmas I'm guessing at the rate of Technologies advancement thus far.... You'll probably be able to get or I'll probably be able to get something as good or better than the kind 750 or $1,200 for 1/4 of the price and unfortunately it'll probably be from Walmart.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Too expensive and until LED gets more perfected and affordable, I'm gonna stick to HPS, gonna keep this for one more cycle, then I'm gonna go with EyeHortilux 600, and get the bang for the buck on this one.

How much do those bulbs cost in five years of growing?

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

LED prices will most likely not go down in a LONG time. I work with my manufacturer in Shenzehn China and Samsung is slowing down production on my favorite diodes 3000k LM561C to raise the prices by reducing stock availability. I had this conversation with my guy in Shenzehn this week. I have my GrowGreen boards made there too.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Just don't buy a led from amazon n you ll be good.

The reason why all those are 25% the cost everyone is suggesting is because u will get 25% of their performance.

I have a cheap 300w amazon light. In essence it doesn't really perform mine a typical Led.

It isn't that efficient, it isn't that powerful, it's just a ton of red spectrum

Toaster79

Toaster79

Just don't buy a led from amazon n you ll be good.

The reason why all those are 25% the cost everyone is suggesting is because u will get 25% of their performance.

I have a cheap 300w amazon light. In essence it doesn't really perform mine a typical Led.

It isn't that efficient, it isn't that powerful, it's just a ton of red spectrum

Finally someone with real life experience not backing up chinks claims just because he spent money on it. Kudos

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I expected good performance for my 80 bux.

It's weak as fuk. I have plans for a timber 300 tho.

I've read for years on growing trees. Learned 10x more doing it once I had a real setup.

Go led or cmh/lec

Krypto

Krypto

Way less than those LEDs that's for sure like 280$ which is pretty cool and gets the job done, gonna stick to my dual spectrum HPS.
What uhh...what duel spec hps you got?

ahemait

ahemait

Kingbright just dropped the price of cree 3590 to 28 bucks for small orders and like 26 each for 10 plus orders :)
Can has link please? Here or message?
I think I need to find a means to tip you.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

Thanks for the feedback guys. This is Ben a difficult week, trying to decide what to do. But weave come to an agreement luckily. And I'm going to keep going with the HPS. I am upgrading though from 1 600w I'm going to get another tent and run another 600. Or put a 400 in with the 600 but at any rate the cost is going to be very reasonable. And the outcome it's going to be worth the investment.
And I'm running all his genetics which means no OGs no sour Ds and no cookies LOL.
But I must say I am liking these classic that he has just for my growing standpoint and the effect is medically one of them is exactly what I need for daytime use. So it just seems stupid not to run it.
Hey krypto if you got the money I would go for a decent led. I'm a fairly new grower a I went cheap and got a couple Mars hydro 300 w and a versapectra 450 w for like under 300 bucks. Electricity bill hardly notice anything.great lights for veg and flower just need time to get used to and dial in on hanging heights that work best. The ladies seem to like them. For that price can't go wrong, just hope they last.heres a pic of one of my single plants

20170927 164751
Krypto

Krypto

Yeah I have researched the kind K5 7500 and the XL 1000. The only reason that I want to invest in one is because my partner about six months ago went completely LED and his stuff is just perfect! I'm going to look around for those cheaper ones like you said those those plants look great! I'm focusing on the par, spectrum, and wattage. Other things like 2 and 3 Watt chips versus just 3 watt or the 10 watt, the duo ocular lens that kind has, the 12 band Spectrum someone else told me to it has to do with certain parts that they're using I don't know how true that is a diode is a diode is a diode I guess I don't know. I'm also looking at the cob panels and bulbs. But for now I'm rocking my trusty old 6 HPS and a 1000 watt I'm doing fine before I spend almost two grand on a light I'm probably going to wait at least until Christmas. I appreciate the tip man there's so many out there and that they just seem to have popped up overnight it's kind of overwhelming. Thanks again have a good weekend.

Krypto

Krypto

I expected good performance for my 80 bux.
How's those ceramic MH compare to a 1000 hps. ? & what is lec? Or is that a typo?
It's weak as fuk. I have plans for a timber 300 tho.

I've read for years on growing trees. Learned 10x more doing it once I had a real setup.

Go led or cmh/lec

Krypto

Krypto

Hey krypto if you got the money I would go for a decent led. I'm a fairly new grower a I went cheap and got a couple Mars hydro 300 w and a versapectra 450 w for like under 300 bucks. Electricity bill hardly notice anything.great lights for veg and flower just need time to get used to and dial in on hanging heights that work best. The ladies seem to like them. For that price can't go wrong, just hope they last.heres a pic of one of my single plants
$300 for both lights? I've actually seen the Mars display at a grow shop. And I would definitely feel confident and getting one of those. The only downside that I saw was one of the major things that everybody talks about when they're criticizing LEDs and that is the footprint. And they're right even the kind and the black dog or whatever and the Mars is there a good brand too the footprint just too small I've got (2) 4 by 4 by 6.5 tents so, out of the two you mentioned the Mars and versaspec... Which one was the better of the two in your opinion?
Bigger footprint?
Do either of them have the 3 and 5 watt diodes, the 12 band Spectrum with the infrared and UltraViolet
Which one's better on lumens? Par? And all around performance?

Top Bottom