Led Dual Spectrum Question

• Thread starter Samsquantch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Samsquantch

Hey guys,I am using a Mars2 400w led.First grow using this gift and my question is....When I switch to 12/12 for flower,do I use both flower and veg light switches or just the flower button?thanks guys...stay lifted........im growing out Crop King,green crack

Led dual spectrum question
gingerhazed

gingerhazed

some people, including myself, like to use their mh bulbs for the first/last part of flower (helps keep node spacing closer/makes buds denser/frostier.... maybe lol) so if it's giving you the wider spectrum I say go for it. also, the spectrum doesn't change immediately from a veg spectrum to a flower spectrum in nature, so this is also going to more closely mimic the natural changes from summer to fall.

having said all that, I know nothing about that lamp or led in general really and can't say if it is giving you the full spectrum of both.. good luck!

Bannacis

Bannacis

What he is saying is that during veg the plant uses more blue spectrum and in flowering it uses more red.
but when the sun changes from summer to fall there is a gradual change in spectrum, so one adds red with blue.
then in a few weeks you can go all red spectrum then last 2 weeks mix it back up.
This is more in tune with growers trying to get as close to mother nature, which also requires True Living Organics, and even mimicking the temps and RH changes......All but the sun...........
You can use both spectrums though-out the veg and flower. best of both words.
Some peeps use MH thru entire grow, some HPS thru whole grow.
There's many ways that work, some better than others...too many variables to have it down to one way.
Not all lights are same, not even same type.
And certain strains respond to different light spectrum and times.
Then there's Infra red and ultra violet...????
Find what works for you, tweek it here and there till your satisfied....And Grow Grow Grow.

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings
Hey I've been doing led grow now for a couple of years now, what I've seen is the white spectrum is sometimes missed...I'm using SUPER grow sk 450 a 250 w red/white commercial grade panel...it works very well 500 w HP's equivalent...recently I purchased a 20 w led flood grow lamp as side lighting, I could easily see the compliment of the pinkish hue and the STRONG sk450...the new cobs are probably the next good type lighting imho ...they areVERY bright, cool, and efficient...I just ordered some 3000k-100 w led flood lamps...easy transport, set up, no ballasts, portable, bright wide angle(depending on brand) ...
my sk450 is 4400k... HPS average 2100k usually for flower formation and higher for resin development... I've now converted to led from originally using 3200k MH exclusively...now cool rooms, good to excellent production, lower electric bills...both spectrums...they cross each other and blends for better performance...
Peace
cw

Latest posts

Top Bottom