LED for veg only

• Thread starter Luckydux
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Does your comparison show Par or PPFD? Just checked the fluence site again. PPFD is like 210 for the Razrx. Looks like par in your examples?

Munch517

Munch517

Does your comparison show Par or PPFD? Just checked the fluence site again. PPFD is like 210 for the Razrx. Looks like par in your examples?

I believe they're par readings but you could calculate the average ppfd from those charts, though I think it'd be better to have more complete readings and unfortunately they don't specify hanging height. Looking at the Fluence data sheet they're showing 257umol/m2 average for the Razrx @5” (358 for the Razr4). I didn't even know the Razr4 has 50% more light, that would be nice. While I love being able to veg a 4x4 area with 180w it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a bit more light. One thing I can say with certainty is I will never use fluorescents, you're looking at efficiencies of .8 umols/J with them vs LEDs at as high as 2.7umol/J and improving (2.2 for Razrx). Good quality LEDs are the way to go, just depends on your situation which one(s) will work for you

Whew, this is all just showing how useful sources like MIGRO are for this info because depending on manufacturers numbers and/or comparing tests done by unknown persons with different methodologies involves a lot of guesswork and assumptions.

Munch517

Munch517

This is straight off Fluence website. Shows different numbers but if it works for you great!

The 210 there is PPF, that's the total light output from the light as you'd measure in one of those light spheres they use for testing. The number that matters for to me is the individual par readings within a grow space or the average ppfd over the intended grow space.

Top Bottom