LED grow light recommendations for flowering only please

• Thread starter Spock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Spock

Spock

Hey everyone,
I was looking for some recommendations for an LED grow light for flowering only. I want a detachable driver preferably in a bar style. It seems most LED lights are full spectrum. I'm thinking of maybe two 300 watt lights or one 600 watt light somewhere in that neighborhood. It's not always easy finding manufacturers recipes. Some manufacturers like spider farmer will say what color spectrum they use but they won't tell you the number of diodes in each color spectrum. I don't want to pay for a bunch of blue diodes that I don't need. I have seen that hlg makes a quantum board with no blue light diodes but the driver's not detachable and it's a quantum board style. I would also prefer Samsung 301b or 301h diodes. Does anybody have any recommendations? I'm not interested in any Mars hydro products please. They are a dirt bag of a company that doesn't honor their warranty.

H

hawkman

Budget Led offers a "Series 3 Red Spec QB" it's a great flower light it's 250 watt Led Samsung ballast, dimmimable, ect cost about $325.00 (+/-) Usa made by Vets . more important than diodes look at the light pentration of measured in :umol/joul's they have changed their name to Elevated Lighting ( have 2 of their boards getting great results ) one Red spec and one full cycle veg/bloom.UV board)

Spock

Spock

Budget Led offers a "Series 3 Red Spec QB" it's a great flower light it's 250 watt Led Samsung ballast, dimmimable, ect cost about $325.00 (+/-) Usa made by Vets . more important than diodes look at the light pentration of measured in :umol/joul's they have changed their name to Elevated Lighting ( have 2 of their boards getting great results ) one Red spec and one full cycle veg/bloom.UV board)
Oh cool.... I've never heard of them before. I'm going to take a look at them.
Thanks

Spock

Spock

I have a California light works solar storm cob bloom booster, a bit pricey at $4 to $500 bucks but you can't argue with results, money well spent!
I've seen the California light works online and in fact a store in my city carries them. I wasn't sure of Cob technology though. Is that considered old school? Are they still popular? Is that style of LED as good as the newer bar styles, in areas such as light spread? I'm going to look closer at them though. There's not a lot of options for strictly flowering.

Thanks

H

hawkman

go to site "Top Ten Led's" a good place to start besides other members

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

It really depends on your budget and size of your room. I am poor so I use king led from Amazon
I use to have a lush but I gave it to my uncle when I graduated college.i got some pretty good results.

20220117 081511
20220117 082808
20220116 171308
20220116 171300 remastered
hillbil

hillbil

Budget is found at Elevated Lighting. I have 2 130 red spec of theirs. Very nice! Also thrilled to have an HLG and 2 Maxisun MF1000 Boards. All excellent and Maxisun is stupid cheap for what you get.

BDH420

BDH420

Hey everyone,
I was looking for some recommendations for an LED grow light for flowering only. I want a detachable driver preferably in a bar style. It seems most LED lights are full spectrum. I'm thinking of maybe two 300 watt lights or one 600 watt light somewhere in that neighborhood. It's not always easy finding manufacturers recipes. Some manufacturers like spider farmer will say what color spectrum they use but they won't tell you the number of diodes in each color spectrum. I don't want to pay for a bunch of blue diodes that I don't need. I have seen that hlg makes a quantum board with no blue light diodes but the driver's not detachable and it's a quantum board style. I would also prefer Samsung 301b or 301h diodes. Does anybody have any recommendations? I'm not interested in any Mars hydro products please. They are a dirt bag of a company that doesn't honor their warranty.
Unfortunately I don't know much about LED's as i'm still using my Analog Sunsytem Ballast. But I did want to jump in and say. I love your avatar. I'm a huge Trek fan. I even read all the novels. Live Long and Prosper my friend.

hillbil

hillbil

Unfortunately I don't know much about LED's as i'm still using my Analog Sunsytem Ballast. But I did want to jump in and say. I love your avatar. I'm a huge Trek fan. I even read all the novels. Live Long and Prosper my friend.
Peace and Long Life

D

Drasik

I'm gonna try and post some articles in the learning section to help you folks out. keep your eyes peeled.

Aguitarwar3990

Aguitarwar3990

The SE7000 is 730w and has full spectrum/red 301b diodes so it's perfect for flowering. Detachable driver, too.

D

Drasik

The SE7000 is 730w and has full spectrum/red 301b diodes so it's perfect for flowering. Detachable driver, too.
They measure there PPFD numbers at 8" to boost their numbers. Why would you put your light so close to the canopy you are losing so much coverage. I'd like to see someone take PPFD readings at a decent distance say 18" to see what it looks like. They also test in a tent and not in an integrated sphere.

Top Bottom