Led Grow New Beginner

• Thread starter HomgrwnTX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HomgrwnTX

HomgrwnTX

Hello all I'm coming to you today because I am in A stump. I just found out yesterday through this site that I was actually using a LED bulb instead of what I thought previously was a CFL bulb. Ok now knowing that I am using an LED bulb. I have researched and look to make sure if I have the right light spectrum and make sure I am producing the right amount of light needed to make Darla thrive. Here are some pictures that are attached just please look at the info that is written on them and tell me how many more lights do you think I need I have three bulbs in total, but I don't have any problems getting any more. My plant seems to be doing excellent all the leaves are facing up and are enjoying the light for now but I believe when it gets bigger it will need more light. Here take a look at the pics

Led grow new beginner
Led grow new beginner 2
HomgrwnTX

HomgrwnTX

I was told by someone on here. to use 3 more bulbs for the plant....the bulbs are 17w LED 1145 lumens 5000k

Bannacis

Bannacis

Spend money get bigger wattage, once you get past seedling stage put some power on those babies, yes a good light spectrum is important. but more bang in the bulb, more bang in the bud. And in veg big bang bulb also... good in good out.

somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

looking good so far, but you'll need more light if i'm not mistaken. 17w of led is pretty low for a full sized plant. what's your full setup? keep in mind i'm on my first grow still.

HomgrwnTX

HomgrwnTX

Next leaves coming in are showing 11 blades too......idk if thats good or wierd or wut???i bought a new pot and intend to transplant this weekend

HomgrwnTX

HomgrwnTX

Some one told me that its pushing for one single bulb is 1145 lumens and 5000k .....i got 3 on there. ....everyone else who is watchinh my grow journal says it is more than enough. .....

HomgrwnTX

HomgrwnTX

Also i got a ghetto ass setup jus until i can finish my light project i have at work. .....here are some pics.......mind u i had threw all thus together jus to keep plant healthy ......

1457565080319 1960733302
1457565114760 2029536313
somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

just read your journal as well. it's looking healthy! you'll want about 40 wt a sq/ft from what i've read. and my buddy who's grown for a while says that the plants are okay being underlit when they are young, but they will suffer more later. don't know if that's accurate at all. keep it up! also, a great cheap way to get better use off more of those bulbs is to fig up a fixture. you can get a power strip or two, and some bulb splitters and some sockets that plug into outlets. then you can make a reflector our of sheet metal and use some all thread to keep it in the half moon or whatever shape. mount the power strip to the reflector and bam! fixture. i'm using that set up to build a seedling/clone area when i build a mini box.

somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

oh yeah you may actually be fine. looks bright as shit and a pretty small area. keep on rockin man! i'll sub to your journal, too.

HomgrwnTX

HomgrwnTX

oh yeah you may actually be fine. looks bright as shit and a pretty small area. keep on rockin man! i'll sub to your journal, too.
U think so ???? Now u gotvme wonderin!!! This is my first grow and i really want to get it right so im taking all advice serious!!! Do u think that the watts is too low....even tho all that light ...u think its not powerful enough...wattage wise...

somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

U think so ???? Now u gotvme wonderin!!! This is my first grow and i really want to get it right so im taking all advice serious!!! Do u think that the watts is too low....even tho all that light ...u think its not powerful enough...wattage wise...

if it where me, i'd up the light and build reflective walls. if you can get those bulbs for free from work, i'd build a reflector and go for it with more bulbs. but that's because i know me pretty well, and i know i'll want to grow more plants and continue to get it better. i'm kind of a hobbyist, and go balls deep into what i am interested in. YMMV, but i'd step up lights if you can. hopefully some of the more experienced guys/gals will chime in, and probably correct me!

Bannacis

Bannacis

Somedumbjerk... has it right, as of now those lights are doing great.
if you can find some reflective walls to put around your plant, place them at an angle so the light will reflect towards plant.
I would start pruning and training your plant, spread her out some and remove some inner leaves to allow light penetration.
When you get to flowering you could use what you have, but the end results will not be terrific.
She will stretch and get twice as big, so you will need more light for a better finish.
If you get those free and are able to get more, then use what u got bud... free is always good.
With 6 of those 17 watter around your plant that's 102 watts, as she grows, spread her out and you can place those lights closer too. those don't produce big heat.
Are you able to get different spectrums? reds, blues, whites ? that would help also.

HomgrwnTX

HomgrwnTX

They just measure my k's and lumens..
Ranging from 2500k-5000k i don remeber the lumens off my head....but no red or blue leds.....i was thinkn of adding 3 more 3500k during flower and remove one of the 5000k...

HomgrwnTX

HomgrwnTX

I honesty think they are too close now......if i do like a hand test with back of my hand.....mayb 2 inches from the top of the plant it is a little on the warm side......idk if that concerning or not...also some of my big fan leaves show a few spots of browing on top of the blades near the vain.....it feels very warm...

Bannacis

Bannacis

a white led can have a broader spectrum, a mix of a few colors. not much tho. but ok for those.
dropping to 3500 good idea.
Yeah if they be too hot then, don't wanna burn them. get a circulating fan in there, that would help.
Not a stationary fan, you want movement. otherwise it will wind burn your leaves. If you have good air flow over your canopy, you can get away with a little warmth...hot, no!
I looked at your pics again, and you might be too close from the way they are hanging.
Too much light will have them be really thick and hanging. try raising the light 6-8 inches, and watch the leave raise up.
with some adjustments you need them to be just a little above horizontal, that way they always be reaching.
that will also allow some space between internodes, and not be all bushy tite like...lol uh oh a new name for my girls Bushytite...

HomgrwnTX

HomgrwnTX

just read your journal as well. it's looking healthy! you'll want about 40 wt a sq/ft from what i've read. and my buddy who's grown for a while says that the plants are okay being underlit when they are young, but they will suffer more later. don't know if that's accurate at all. keep it up! also, a great cheap way to get better use off more of those bulbs is to fig up a fixture. you can get a power strip or two, and some bulb splitters and some sockets that plug into outlets. then you can make a reflector our of sheet metal and use some all thread to keep it in the half moon or whatever shape. mount the power strip to the reflector and bam! fixture. i'm using that set up to build a seedling/clone area when i build a mini box.
Im goin to do this......

Top Bottom