Led light blow up at plug

• Thread starter whelksemengmail.com
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whelksemengmail.com

whelksemengmail.com

I'm a few weeks into vegging my plants and this morning when I plugged in my led light it went bang at the plug and stopped working. It's a vivid led 250w qb. I don't think the fuse in the plug has blown. Is there anyone electrically minded who could tell me what the problem might be? Thanks

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm a few weeks into vegging my plants and this morning when I plugged in my led light it went bang at the plug and stopped working. It's a vivid led 250w qb. I don't think the fuse in the plug has blown. Is there anyone electrically minded who could tell me what the problem might be? Thanks
If it was an audible bang then it sounds like a short circuit. Is there arcing at the receptacle...black soot or burn marks? Did you trip the breaker with an overloaded circuit?....Is the wire between the plug and the light damaged at all?? extension cords? is it a 110v or 220v
Have you tried it in another plug? or check the plug for power? since the bang?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

i would check breaker, check outlet aswell those connections fail at times,hope its one of those from what ive seen led is very sensitive to unstable electricity and surges

D

dean1963

if you heard i pop, or bang as you said, then it happened at the plug.
sounds like you know little to nothing about electricity, which is good to admit, can you afford an electrician?
if not, then shut off your breaker, the main one (the biggest one in the panel) if your not sure what one to throw.
then simply replace the plug, and do it wire for wire.
black wire goes to gold screw, white wire goes to silver screw and green goes to green or if no green on the plug then green goes to the screw in the box itself

sambapati

sambapati

if you heard i pop, or bang as you said, then it happened at the plug.
sounds like you know little to nothing about electricity, which is good to admit, can you afford an electrician?
if not, then shut off your breaker, the main one (the biggest one in the panel) if your not sure what one to throw.
then simply replace the plug, and do it wire for wire.
black wire goes to gold screw, white wire goes to silver screw and green goes to green or if no green on the plug then green goes to the screw in the box itself
Good advice Dean, I would add that using any kind of 'baby' extension cord isn't advisable with our delicate equipment, better to get something higher rated and bigger gauge. I found this out on my last grow the hard way and luckily was home before the whole thing caught fire. Lesson learned.

Top Bottom