led light help with color ratio

• Thread starter Grow Country
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grow Country

Grow Country

i'm wanting to switch over to led lights" and real confused about all the colors and ratio's.does anybody have any insight for me?what colors and ratio do i use for veg?what colors and ratio do i use for bloom?

Bannacis

Bannacis

The ratio of colors is dependant on the type of light.
for vegging have a more blue to red.say 3 to 1.and for flower more red to blue.
while white is full spectrum. it all has to do with what brand of led's you get.
some led's are set up for full term growing...veg and flowering.
check with the manufacture or spectrum ratio.
just remember blue for veg red for flower, white has both...good luck

squiggly

squiggly

i'm wanting to switch over to led lights" and real confused about all the colors and ratio's.does anybody have any insight for me?what colors and ratio do i use for veg?what colors and ratio do i use for bloom?

I could get very deep into this with you, however unless you're building your own light you do not really need to know this.

What is 10000000% more important when choosing a LED light is whether or not it is built with quality parts, and by a quality company. If you have those two things--the light ratios will be correct (in my experience).

So far, I am only able to recommend two companies based on my experience:

There are the magnum grow lights at (which I personally believe are a bit overpriced)

and then there are the Pro-Grow series over at http://www.hydroponicshut.com/ (these are my preference--and I can stand behind their results and customer service).

You will almost never find a manufacturer who is using good parts, skilled labor, and has excellent customer service who doesn't know what light ratios people need.

The pro grow series have the ability to flip from blue light, to red light, or full illumination. I'm unsure of magnum has begun doing this yet. The PG series also have series connectors available which can make wiring quite a bit easier.

Good luck making a choice--there are definitely a lot out there. I must STRONGLY recommend staying the hell away from ebay at all costs.

Grow Country

Grow Country

I could get very deep into this with you, however unless you're building your own light you do not really need to know this.

What is 10000000% more important when choosing a LED light is whether or not it is built with quality parts, and by a quality company. If you have those two things--the light ratios will be correct (in my experience).

So far, I am only able to recommend two companies based on my experience:

There are the magnum grow lights at (which I personally believe are a bit overpriced)

and then there are the Pro-Grow series over at http://www.hydroponicshut.com/ (these are my preference--and I can stand behind their results and customer service).

You will almost never find a manufacturer who is using good parts, skilled labor, and has excellent customer service who doesn't know what light ratios people need.

The pro grow series have the ability to flip from blue light, to red light, or full illumination. I'm unsure of magnum has begun doing this yet. The PG series also have series connectors available which can make wiring quite a bit easier.

Good luck making a choice--there are definitely a lot out there. I must STRONGLY recommend staying the hell away from ebay at all costs.
i have a veg room and flower room so i really dont need switchables,i was thinking of custom lights.i like to start with the veg room,what kind of watt do i use for a 2x3 veg room,6 plants,are the lights all blue for just veg.?what wavelength and colors?what watt do i use for 4x6 flower room?12 plants,how high above the plants do i hang the lights?what do u think about plasma lighting?since u use led's let me ask you what u think about mh/hps over led's?how is the light penatration thru the canapy?i've been wantin to go led's for awhile and got all kind of question's so you can fill my ear up all u want:D thanks for everybody's info/this is a great site

Top Bottom