LED Light Recommendations for 5x5 Mother Tent

• Thread starter _Shogun_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

_Shogun_

I just added a 5x5 tent to my grow setup, I plan to use it to house mother plants permanently and grow clones before they move to the 4x8 tent for veg and flower. What would be a good light for the 5x5 for my intended use?

leroygreen

leroygreen

I am running an Hlg diablo 350 in a 2x4 is rated for 3x5 and hands down best light I have ever had. They have larger versions and a a little pricey. In my opinion well worth it.

I have a next light core pro in a 2x3 and honestly it just eh, very soso light.

I ran lush led many years ago and some a few other brands.

I like the AC infinity just haven't tried a light yet by them. I've heard good things about mammoth and chill led.

There are so many companies now. I really like the Hlg diablo line but like I said $$$.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

The diablo is a great light but way overkill for mothers and clones. I use a growers choice 200 watt veg light, its a big rectangular light, covers a lot of area and spectum focused on blue/white, no reds. Mommy's and kiddies love it at 50%. For your needs I wouldnt blow a ton of coin on a high dollar light

S

_Shogun_

The diablo is a great light but way overkill for mothers and clones. I use a growers choice 200 watt veg light, its a big rectangular light, covers a lot of area and spectum focused on blue/white, no reds. Mommy's and kiddies love it at 50%. For your needs I wouldnt blow a ton of coin on a high dollar light
What you said is what I'm looking for, nothing overkill. Just something enough for a 5x5 veg area to keep mothers long term and grow clones out until they move into the 4x8 veg/flowering tent.

leroygreen

leroygreen

For mother's and clones I still like t5. I only use led for my flower spaces.

N

Natep

I just added a 5x5 tent to my grow setup, I plan to use it to house mother plants permanently and grow clones before they move to the 4x8 tent for veg and flower. What would be a good light for the 5x5 for my intended use?
If you do not plan on blooming this n this space. I would consider the florescent style leds. There is a few manufacturers lux or excel They are super sharper to run and don’t make much heat.

S

_Shogun_

If you do not plan on blooming this n this space. I would consider the florescent style leds. There is a few manufacturers lux or excel They are super sharper to run and don’t make much heat.
Happen to have a link to one of their products?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

for an even light coverage in a 5x5 you will still need a rather big led panel, or bar style that you gonna use dimmed down.

smaller led panel or bar style won't offer an even light coverage on tents border and low ppfd on the side.

for vegging in a 5x5 something like the spiderfarmer sf4000 , g5000 or se5000 is what i would get.

viparspectra, vivosun, hlg, ac infinity, phlizon, mars hydro will have some equivalent models ...

leroygreen

leroygreen

Would T5 LEDs work for what I’m looking for?
Yes, just need to find a fixture or two that will fit your space. Led though I know you can get a single light to cover a 5x5. Max on t5 size is 4 feet long. You will most likely be hunting for exactly what you want for a couple weeks as there are so many lights available today.

Top Bottom