Led light suggestion

• Thread starter Nightcrawler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm a huge hlg fan... Nice buds. But like was said you can have all the light you want but if no CO2 and environment to go with it then no gain and more problems. Pushing for a little more yields,/ quality which I do is not cost effective for growers in the profit market.

To many people think you can add one miracle but it takes multiple changes to make things effect.

By no means am I saying that's what your doing.

Call me a fanboy but I have nothing bad to say about my hlg 600. There are a shit ton of other lights I would be interested in but that's where I started and likely to stay.

H

hawkman

If you insist on getting a cheap light for with a hydro crunch 600w led, veg, bloom and veg and bloom, 2 cycles, I bought a mars 300w light to sprout my seedlings with, it's only full spec so you can't flower, you say you have a 4×4 tent? My friend does to, so do i, sold by home depo over the net light is heavy, however he only paid around $200, don't buy mars! Viperspectra sells a 600w 2 cycle light for under $200 This light though big and cumbersome is not a bad veg light I'm running one right now but only for veg and yea it does the job, but I allso own a California light works solar storm 110 bloom booster, I live in a city were cultivation is legal so I can only grow autoflowers and with my booster my plants for the most part are decent, now my 600w viperspectra 600w reflector is supposed to replace a 600w mh and they both go in a 4×4 tent, now my viperspectra is supposed to have cooling wells, I don't know about that the light does throw heat, but no nearly as much as mh, I have never tried to flower a plant with it. The booster cost allmost $400 and worth every penny, my cheap Chinese light is an ok veg light but that's about it, if I had known about hydro crunch I would have bought that, I have $600 saved up for a proper light like black dog, but in reality if not for my booster and side light in veg I don't think I would do as good as I do and lately this is pretty much all I have going on, pic 1 was dark devel auto at day 42, now it's 53 days old, can you see the improvement of flower formation after only 11 day under my booster? A cheap Chinese light is ok to veg your plant but most don't have enough red to realy flower them right, so since your dipping your toe in the water and have a 4×4 tent and need a cheap light you can't get anything good for under $200 I think my viperspectra was $189, I would buy either a 600w hydro crunch full cycle led, 2 a viperspectra 600w reflector series, that's it, now you can buy a beautiful mh hps light with bulbs, ballast, fan ,everything dirt cheap , downside triple the heat triple the juice, we all do the best we can with what we have, you can grow a decient plant with 1 of those lights, but in the end you get what you pay for, you know that $600 I have saved for that black dog? I have another g to go so we do the best we can but these are the only 2 cheap lights I can recommend.

Have looked at black dog led's - seem OK - expensive. hear is what is being used in a 3 by 2.5 space 2 - 300watt leds' and 2 - 12by12 led panels Was considering the 700 ViperspecturaPar/ dimminable + UV - IV. Like the idea of strips on walls for sidelighting ; maybe with 6-to 12 inch spacing. All you guy's information is greatly welcome The on;y thing about the Vipspectura is the white spectrum (have read about too much white emitted but one had a dimiminable series there would be no issues with brightness which is why i didn't purchase one

H

hawkman

I dont agreewith your claim. You are correct that most ebay and other sites dont even come close to the published claims. I have been itching to move away from HID systems for years now. However I haven't puled the trigger yet. Reason for that is, the push for and claims about leds potential arent realised in most products until you get in the arena of professional commercial applications. My partner is pulling damn near HID yeilds with led and the colors are much more diverse and the terps are so different with the same cuts and strains. Now I will say to get into that arena yes it takes a bite out of your wallet. The old adage you get what you pay for even holds true to leds and cannabis.
Here is the system homie uses and I must say its impressive. Lighting is all about satisfying the DLI of any crop you grow, cannabis included. /even urban myths cannot change that fact. Peace out

heres the newer better model https://fluence.science/store/spydr-series/spydr-2i/

And with higer ppfd and par you will need to step your game up on your enviros to get the max usage out of these systems

couldn't be said better - need to upgrade from galaxyhydro to ? Black Dog, California Light Works, Kind Led's = expensive , but to get quality plants Looked at the SRYDR x PLus -- like the fact of 6 inches above plant and "strip" placement

Migrower

Migrower

These lights are probably on par with the best manufactured strip built light. If you want something better you’ll have to diy. I still won’t purchase these. I’m thinking of doing an F-24 lm301b strip build but will probably just grab some more boards for now. These manufacturered lights will be on the level soon enough. This one isn’t too shabby though.
BCDD5C98 1824 4AEA A16E 18FC800362D3
E2CA2A43 C19C 4C7C A5DE 1FEADEE6177C

G b

G b

These lights are probably on par with the best manufactured strip built light. If you want something better you’ll have to diy. I still won’t purchase these. I’m thinking of doing an F-24 lm301b strip build but will probably just grab some more boards for now. These manufacturered lights will be on the level soon enough. This one isn’t too shabby though. View attachment 886136View attachment 886137
I'm still looking where I can purchase lm301b strips, along with some of the CREE 5630's.....

Gweedo

Gweedo

Pretty sure the q series samsung boards run those 301 diodes, digikey should have em in stock

S

SaintNugs

Hi there fellow stoners,
I am considering trying to grow weed indoors. I am a beginner and want to try with a tent 4x4. Plants should be 3-4.As for a LED light, which one do you think is better:
- Mars TSW 2000 indoor
- Mars II 900 full spectrum grow led light

Or should I try to get :
Mars II 1600 full spectrum grow led light

Thanks !

With my Optic 8+ LED @ 500 True Watts I’m pulling 2lbs+ in a 4x4x6.5. Have used living soil, Emerald Harvest, and New Millennium Nutrients with my buds testing 30%+ highest one hit 37% with the Mandarin Cookies by Ethos. I will always point in the living soil direction, definitely best Terp profiles and had my highest thc count with, New Millennium worked wonders making feeding a breeze and made my plants look just as rich and healthy as my living soil grows, and Emerald Harvest would be a half step down from New Millennium, but still holds very strong on a good “bottle nute” line. Both lines are getting their OMRI Certifications in 2020. My neighbor bought a 1500w (950 True Watt) Quantum Board LED fit for a 5x5 and gets just under 2lbs with the same soil mixes, nutrient/fertilizer lines, all the way down to the tent and AC are the same. Only difference is his lights, a couple degrees in temp ranges (not drastic), and the house. With coupon codes and 4/20 discounts, I paid $980 for my Optic 8+, my friend paid $1500 with the 4/20 deals. Better yield, better electricity efficiency, better temp control, better priced. I spent about 6 months research LEDs, asking both commercial and personal growers their insights. I was personally stuck between SpectrumLED and OpticLED for having the best return pet electricity spent (I’m sure there’s a better term for that). Friend went with the hype on the quantum boards and has asked to borrow my light several times lol. Not speaking ill towards anyone or company, just information from the comparison I made and am VERY happy with the results I’ve been getting. Pic is from my Mandarin Cookie grow I did.

7F6EA799 5644 4657 A3A8 97F8FBCBE856

Latest posts

Top Bottom